Sutton Stage 2 for boys (Wilson and Sutton Grammar school)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hab

Sutton Stage 2 for boys (Wilson and Sutton Grammar school)

Post by Hab »

My son has just completed her Stage 2 test and we are all so relieved its all over as far as Sutton is concerned.

He found the maths and English/creative writing not difficult. But we cant be sure about their actual performance.

He did his best and is very relieved it’s done!

Results likely to be 18th Oct I’d imagine. .

What your son's reviews about the test?
K80055

Re: Sutton Stage 2 for boys (Wilson and Sutton Grammar schoo

Post by K80055 »

My DS felt very similar. A couple of tricky maths questions but nothing he couldn't do.

You never really know though, but at least he came out relatively happy. We can all relax for a while now.
Dani432

Post by Dani432 »

My DS thought that Maths was easy but it took him far too long to finish *** I am now concerned if he hasn’t completed full paper does he has any chance? Maths is his strongest area and has not struggled with time in the practice papers so a bit surprised. He thinks he did reasonably well in English.
Exam content removed by moderator
dreams

Post by dreams »

Why are we discussing the papers? There will be children sitting similar exam, those who were ill today. Why to put your child in a disadvantaged position ....
Annijo

Post by Annijo »

My son has similar experience. He said [exam content removed by moderator] English was quite easy and straight forward though. Let's see what are other people's general feedback on the test.
dreams

Post by dreams »

Does anyone would like to share what was the theme for creative writing to give more advantage to children who will be sitting similar exam later on?
dreams

Post by dreams »

To all parents that care about fairness of the 2nd stage of the exam, do you think that it would be better to contact the school letting them know that the exam content was partially revealed on the public website? I think that the first message was available for at least one day. Personally to my son it would’ve given an advantage. Specifying the Humber of questions and pointing out exactly where to start and look for the most difficult questions it’s just an unbelievable level of ....
Hab

Post by Hab »

dreams wrote:Does anyone would like to share what was the theme for creative writing to give more advantage to children who will be sitting similar exam later on?

Similar exam later on... :shock: :shock: Its weird...I didn't know this..
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Most areas use the same paper for late sitters, so we think it is safer if no-one gives any information, even about numbers of questions, timing etc. Please see the forum rules, which, of course, everyone agrees to when the sign up to the site :D. Moderators are all volunteers and so may not be waiting to review every post on the forum at all times of the day & night. If you see anything that you think reveals exam content, please click on the red exclamation mark which is on the right hand side at the bottom of every post. This will alert moderators.
faq17. Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?

Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters [and special arrangements for children moving into the area after all the scheduled sittings].
As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.

No one should be revealing any aspect of test content unless a moderator has agreed.
[It is for moderators to decide if and when it is safe to post, based on a knowledge of local circumstances where possible, or on reliable evidence provided by members.]
Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).

Copyright must be respected.

This FAQ forms part of the 'Rules & Guidance'.
scary mum
Mummyzilla

Post by Mummyzilla »

Dear Moderators and 2019 Parents,

I trust you have all had a restful festive break. I was wondering if it would now be possible/appropriate to provide some insight into the 2019 Stage 2 tests? Stage 1 is pretty straight forward, but any insight into the type of essay question/comprehension or type of maths question that was particularly tough would be incredibly helpful for parents preparing their DS' for 2020 exams.

I will patiently await your reply and hope that 2019 parents are still on this forum to provide insight.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now