Recomendation on preparation for WHS and G & L

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Periperi00

Recomendation on preparation for WHS and G & L

Post by Periperi00 »

Would any parent whose kids have successfully gone through the Admission test for any of these two schools Wimbledon High School be able to share what kind of preparation they did?

Did you start your preparation in Year 5 or Year 6? What would you say is the most important part of the preparation?

I know that their exams are different and past papers are not shared which makes it more difficult to prepare.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
hellothere

Re: Recomendation on preparation for WHS and G & L

Post by hellothere »

My daughter is at WHS-she got in before they changed to 2 stage admission but still had to do VR and NVR and the creative task bit.
I think just practice lots of different VR and NVR to be honest! VR was no problem but she found NVR harder. I can't remember which books we did- I just bought various random ones from Amazon- Bond Books probably too easy though.
She didn't sit G&L but did others that were more of a maths, english, VR format.
Periperi00

Post by Periperi00 »

Thank you very much hellothere,

Does anyone know if Putney High follows the same entry exam format?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The website for Putney High states
We don’t believe in excessive tutoring, or testing in subjects that your child won’t have studied at school, so our exam consists simply of English and Mathematics and is based on the Year 6 National Curriculum.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now