2019 11 plus result scores sharing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JanetH82

2019 11 plus result scores sharing

Post by JanetH82 »

Hi, my son scored 275, we know it’s enough to get into Camp Hill, but we don’t understand about this standardised score, and we don’t know the raw score. Does anyone know more about this? Thanks!
hermanmunster

Re: 2019 11 plus result scores sharing

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Janet

Do you live in the catchment area? If not then you would come under category 5 which is ranked by score.

Scores are standardised to take account of age, I doubt that anyone gets hold of the raw scores.
JanetH82

Post by JanetH82 »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi Janet

Do you live in the catchment area? If not then you would come under category 5 which is ranked by score.

Scores are standardised to take account of age, I doubt that anyone gets hold of the raw scores.
Thanks a lot! We are in the catchment area.
Nella

Post by Nella »

JanetH82 wrote: We are in the catchment area.
In that case a child’s score, no matter how stellar, is largely irrelevant. Distance is the main factor. And that is the unknown quantity!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nella wrote:
JanetH82 wrote: We are in the catchment area.
In that case a child’s score, no matter how stellar, is largely irrelevant. Distance is the main factor. And that is the unknown quantity!
It is indeed a whole new system we are dealing with. I think that each of the schools is aiming to have some places available for category 5 (OOC) so assumes that expect all in area who get >222 are likely to get a place, we'll have to wait until March to find out though