How to use the VR CD

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JaysDarlin

How to use the VR CD

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hello.

What is the best way to use the VR Voume 1 CD?

I mean, if you take one "test" it will all be the same question type - by the time you do all the 21 types, it would have taken about 3 weeks, and my son will be a bit rusty with the ones he has not done in a while.... am i making any sense?

If we do a few questions in each type, and then mark the scores, it scores you out of 50, not out of the amount of questions attempted... so the bar charts can not be used to measure progress, and the marks out of 50 will be quite low.

If we complete a few questions at a time, and dont mark the paper till a whole paper has been completed, you dont know if you are getting them correct, as they will only be marked when the whole paper has been completed....

Just wanted to know the best way to go about using the CDS.

I hope someone can make sense of what I have written!

Thanks.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I tend to use Disc 1 as practice for problem areas. Disc 2 contains mixed types.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Jaysdarlin

The Tutors VR CD1 was written to help students work through each of the 21 question types individually, alongside the free Methods & Technique Course that we provide.

Although the question sets are in groups of 50, it is not necessary to complete all 50 questions each time. Some people mix question sets and complete maybe 10-20 at a time and do not worry too much whether the % score appears low. They look at the actual score.

As the student advances through the whole 11+ preparation there are often specific questions that remain difficult. The Tutors VR CD then provides a bank of questions for the student to attempt.

The Tutors VR CD2 contains question papers with all 21 question types covered in one paper. We wrote it in this format, because to get complete coverage of the full question set would normally require the completion of two papers.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now