Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Phoenix-Mum

Re: Results

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

Legofan wrote:I have heard from a person who works at one of the grammars that they receive the results from CEM on Thursday 10th, and that school expects to be able to issue the results to families the following day.
So DRHS will know the results on their open day/evening but the parents/pupils won't! :shock:
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I emailed DRHS to see if they hoped to be able to send them before the open day, but they replied they will be sent on the 11th.
Phoenix-Mum

Post by Phoenix-Mum »

Seems silly, we would have loved to attend the open evening as we have only seen DRHS in the day, we have seen the others in the evening and these are currently in favour over DRHS but I wonder if they are scoring higher due to the 'flashy' open evenings.
However I'm not going to take my daughter around to see a school she could 'fall for' to find out the next day she hasn't scored highly enough - that's just cruel!
Totallybemused

Post by Totallybemused »

Phoenix - Mum. Re your earlier post on timings and them coming before the end of the school day, obviously that depends on when your school day ends! However, last year the only school that sent them before the end of the school day was Marling, which sent them out about 3pm. All the rest waited until after 3.30. I just looked back at my emails - we had DRHS at 15.35, Ribston at 15.46, Crypt at 15.49 and Pates at 16.50 (we didn't share with SHS so no email from them). For reference, Pates was a 'no', all the rest were 'yes'. I believe anecdotally that Pates send out their 'yes' emails before their 'no' emails, so the 'yes' people had their emails by 4pm. It's not an exact science though, due to different email servers etc.
A year on, and I am pleased to say my daughter is happily settled at DRHS.
chumba

Post by chumba »

We've had 2 yes emails from Pate's in the past and they arrived after 5pm, so I don't think you can assume the time of the e-mail means anything.
cazien

Post by cazien »

In 2015 DD's results emails came between 15.32-15.56, Pates being last which was the only "no". Pates didn't give her rank, it said they ranked the top 200 of 1000 entrants who shared results with them.

Good luck all, the clock is ticking - honest!
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I'm in the same boat, would love to go to DRHS open day tomorrow, but seems cruel to take DD
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

Just in case anyone's interested 2 years ago we didn't get Tommies results until 4.20pm, Crypt and Pates were between 3.30 and 4pm. Incidentally it was a no for Pates.
Mamaofthree

Post by Mamaofthree »

Definitely feeling more nervous now. 48 hours-ish!
chumba

Post by chumba »

So, I've checked the old emails. 3 years ago Ribston was received at 15:31, SHS 15:32, DR 15:57 and Pate's 17:39. I remember updating emails and checking spam folders so many times!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now