Wallington Boys Grammar School waiting list 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FedUpDad

Wallington Boys Grammar School waiting list 2008

Post by FedUpDad »

So we have a waiting list thread each for Tiffin Boys and Sutton Boys Grammar, so on the suggestion of another poster I have started this one for WCGS. There must be some anxious parents out there waiting for some good news from WCGS.

Like Tiffin Boys and Sutton Boys we should try and gather some information and see if there has been any movement on the list in the past few weeks. Would be glad to hear from parents who are on the waiting list and also from parents who are likely to give up a place at WCGS, be it a guaranteed place or a waiting list place.

Would also like to hear from parents who have already experienced this wait for WCGS from previous years. Any rumours, news from other parents etc may prove useful as well.

Thank you in anticipation
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I met someone last week who is sitting on the waiting list at 335. I think they said they were 6th.
melinda

Post by melinda »

I know someone who has just got a place after 10 weeks of waiting. I think there are a lot of people sitting on places whilst deciding about independants, Wilsons etc etc. Her son scored around the 339 mark, but they did remark his test on appeal.
I understand the admissions folk at Wallington are very helpful.
FedUpDad

Post by FedUpDad »

Thanks Melinda. That's very interesting about the remark, I wonder what his mark was before the remark, and what were their reasons to have the test remarked. I was told you had to have a really good reason to have a test remarked.
melinda

Post by melinda »

well, I don't know the details, apart from the fact that the primary headteacher put in a good word for him. Pester power by the parents also seems to play a small part in these things!
Good luck to all waiting.
FedUpDad

Post by FedUpDad »

Ok been busy last couple of weeks haven't had a chance to post. There has been movement on the waiting list for WCGS. My son has moved up to 4th in the waiting list. Anybody else had any news. The admissions officer said that the independant sector is slower in offering places this year than in previous years.
FedUpDad

Finally........

Post by FedUpDad »

We got the news we have been waiting for, got a call from the headmaster this morning offering a place for my son. Son (and parents) very pleased.
melinda

Post by melinda »

Congrats fedup dad! I guess you might change your name now?
geling

Post by geling »

:D :D :D
Hi, congratulations!!!! I feel so happy for you!! The headmaster even called you himself? How nice he is! I wish your son enjoy his life there and i am sure he will.
So, may we call you "a Happy Dad" from now on?
laid back son worried mum

Re: Finally........

Post by laid back son worried mum »

FedUpDad wrote:We got the news we have been waiting for, got a call from the headmaster this morning offering a place for my son. Son (and parents) very pleased.
great news!!

Fantastic to see Image tiptoe in! Congrats!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now