Planning of Moving to Buckinghamshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sajm

Planning of Moving to Buckinghamshire

Post by sajm »

Hi,

Can some one please explain regarding the criteria for the people moving into Buckinghamshire once their son/daughter passes the 11+ Selective test.
I am looking to get a rental property in Chesham area and move there before 31st Oct.

Currently, I am living in my property I own which is outside Buckinghamshire. As per guidelines provided by Bucks County, for evidence purpose you have to sale the property you own. But it is not realistic to sale the property or even put it on rent before 31st Oct. In this scenario, what else one can provide as evidence to make your case strong.

Is it not going to be enough if you do I-school transfer to Bucks School for your child while he/she is currently in year 6?

Will appreciate your advise. Many Thanks

SM
Deb70

Re: Planning of Moving to Buckinghamshire

Post by Deb70 »

It looks as if you've already looked at the requirements. They are what they are!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sajm, I thought you were moving to be in catchment for Bexley / Beth's etc?
I think you have to be aware that LEAs are very strict about people moving into areas and the last minute and renting property when they still have property elsewhere.
sajm

Post by sajm »

hermanmunster

Haven't made any final decision yet which area I will move. Currently working on all of my options.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Maybe come back when you have made a decision then?

Because, currently, you do look a little like an exam tourist and none of us would want to help you commit address fraud, knowingly or unknowingly, and end up with you having your school place withdrawn!
sajm

Post by sajm »

kenyancowgirl

It is unfair to judge some one about the fraud when question is all about the information to help to make decision. You must be aware any parent who is not living in catchment area of Grammar school will have to look for all the options before making any decision.

If you are not interested to help then please keep quiet rather judging and commenting someone to be fraud.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sajm wrote: You must be aware any parent who is not living in catchment area of Grammar school will have to look for all the options before making any decision.

If you are not interested to help then please keep quiet rather judging and commenting someone to be fraud.
The problem is, sajm, that most people don't live in grammar school areas and go to the local school instead. If people are very keen to go to a GS then they usually research and identify one area they are interested in and then move well ahead of the exam to allow the child to settle in to a local school etc.

After several years of seeing many people dashing around the country taking multiple exams and then spending the latter half of October looking for somewhere to rent etc while not quite getting rid of the old property in order to fill in the CAF we tend to think that the move may not be genuine. The problem for them is that the LEA can get to suspect such things too and sometimes people can lose out on allocated places, hence why we say we don't want you to make such a mistake and end up losing a place.
sajm

Post by sajm »

hermanmunster

Thanks for clarification, I understand your point.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now