Advice please! Schools Admission Form.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Umbrella

Advice please! Schools Admission Form.

Post by Umbrella »

As a total grammar newbie I’d really welcome your advice.
My DS ranked 309 at STRS and 524 at Crypt. I think it’s safe to say he will get a place at Crypt (?) but it’s unlikely for STRS (which was his first choice) as he’s 14 ranks below previous year. Is it worth still putting STRS as his first choice on the schools admissions form, or would that jeopardise his chance at Crypt? He also ranked 246 at Marling which isn’t really viable due to living the opposite side of the County but was good to share results anyway.
I’m finding it all a minefield.
cazien

Re: Advice please! Schools Admission Form.

Post by cazien »

Welcome!

Put STR first. If he is not successful getting STR he will get Crypt. It does not jeopardise his chances of a place at Crypt.

If anyone does not get 1st choice, 2nd choice then becomes your first choice.

Good luck.
streathammum

Re: Advice please! Schools Admission Form.

Post by streathammum »

This is correct. Always, always put the schools in your genuine order of preference.

In your situation, if you are correct that you have a score that is very likely to be good enough for Crypt and you put if first on your CAF, you will be offered it on offer day and you will not be considered for any of the schools you list below it.

If you put STRS first and you don't have a high enough score you will be considered for the schools below it, and if your score for Crypt is high enough you will be offered it as if it had been your first choice.

You can't "jump the queue" by the order you put schools on your CAF, and you can't be leapfrogged either. If you have a higher score for, say, Crypt than someone else, the only way they would be offered a place and you wouldn't is if you have been offered a place at a school you put higher on your CAF.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now