Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RugbyBlue

Re: Warwickshire 11+ Results 2020 Entry: Scores

Post by RugbyBlue »

Hi

Received news this morning my daughter scored 223. We are in Rugby and hoping for Rugby High School. Based on a quick browse on here I think we should be okay but would certainly appreciate any thoughts. Many thanks.
Last edited by RugbyBlue on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonvivz

Post by bonvivz »

Only1nickyt wrote:
Klou wrote:I’m being really thick but how do we know if they’ve scored enough to apply for a place? Will we only know when we receive the letter?
You don't get given that information in Warwickshire - you have to apply based on what you know, which is previous AQS / Waiting list scores. (Or if you have enough spaces on your CAF apply to all the school you would like to consider you IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE). I have applied to all the schools that DS wants to consider, you never know what might happen with the AQS's, so best to go with your true preference.
has the AQS published for this year? don't see any update on the council website.
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

bonvivz wrote:
Only1nickyt wrote:
Klou wrote:I’m being really thick but how do we know if they’ve scored enough to apply for a place? Will we only know when we receive the letter?
You don't get given that information in Warwickshire - you have to apply based on what you know, which is previous AQS / Waiting list scores. (Or if you have enough spaces on your CAF apply to all the school you would like to consider you IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE). I have applied to all the schools that DS wants to consider, you never know what might happen with the AQS's, so best to go with your true preference.
has the AQS published for this year? don't see any update on the council website.
No - that is issued in March 2020 for the Sept 2020 intake.

Last years (and previous) are on this forum
EJW457

Post by EJW457 »

Just a quick note to let you all know there is hope. Last year my daughter scored 212 and was offered a place off the waiting list at AGS in June. The waiting lists do move a lot (usually in bursts) so just stay positive. Also if the same this year, the ranking is of no use as includes ALL children who took the test from Warks and Bham. We were ranked 1195 so on the face of it you think ‘no way’.
AnnaH

Post by AnnaH »

EJW457 wrote:Just a quick note to let you all know there is hope. Last year my daughter scored 212 and was offered a place off the waiting list at AGS in June. The waiting lists do move a lot (usually in bursts) so just stay positive. Also if the same this year, the ranking is of no use as includes ALL children who took the test from Warks and Bham. We were ranked 1195 so on the face of it you think ‘no way’.
Thanks EJW - I’m in the exact same position you were, down to the score! Just had an email through with the AQS from last year which all seem to have gone down from the year before....fingers crossed that trend keeps going.
mumof_2

Post by mumof_2 »

EJW : The rankings are not ALL children who sat in Birmingham & Warwickshire, ONLY children in Birmingham whose guardian/parent selected to share their results with Warwickshire. Therefore all children who may select a Warwickshire school, dependent on their result.

Hopefully the rankings will be out later this week.
Joey1dancing

Post by Joey1dancing »

Does it matter where you are in Rugby to be classed as eastern inner circle or priority area 1 as it’s sometimes known? From looking at some data released for last year Rugby High reported their scores offered to Cat 3 in eastern Warwickshire and cat 4 in eastern circle
RugbyBlue

Post by RugbyBlue »

Joey1dancing wrote:Does it matter where you are in Rugby to be classed as eastern inner circle or priority area 1 as it’s sometimes known? From looking at some data released for last year Rugby High reported their scores offered to Cat 3 in eastern Warwickshire and cat 4 in eastern circle
Hi - where can I find these scores from last year please? As posted just above just anxious about my daughter this year. Thanks.
Klou

Post by Klou »

Okay so reading the document that came with the email made it all make more sense (it’s a good thing my kid is applying for a Grammar School place and not me as the application system alone is too much for me to get my tiny brain around :shock: :lol: )

We’re in Coventry, which I think is the Southern Priority Circle and DS had a score of 231 we’ll apply for AGS with crossed fingers.
Mrk

Post by Mrk »

Son 214 not sure if we have a chance in Alcester. But I guess will depend on this year's average score. Hence I joined this forum