KEHS Results and scholarships

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

vnk29

KEHS Results and scholarships

Post by vnk29 »

Hi guys, anyone knows when the KEHS exam results will come out? And when will the interviews start for academic scholarships?
Thanks in advance
ToadMum

Re: KEHS Results and scholarships

Post by ToadMum »

Not in your area, but I found this on the school's website:
https://www.kehs.org.uk/images/Admissio ... Update.pdf

My daughter hasn’t been called for an interview. Does that mean she hasn’t got in?

No. We do not interview all candidates; we interview mainly those being considered for a
scholarship. If you have not been called for an interview before the date that results are
posted, this does NOT mean your daughter has been unsuccessful; it just means we don’t
need to see her at this time.

When will I receive the results and how will I know what score my daughter has
achieved?

Results of applications are normally posted to parents on 1st December following the
entrance examination in October. We do not provide a score like the grammar school 11+.
We will write to you notifying you whether or not your daughter has been awarded a place in
the school and what kind of offer she is receiving from us i.e. full fee, scholarship or assisted
place.

Apologies for 'phone-assisted formatting' :roll: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
vnk29

Post by vnk29 »

Thanks for the links.
My DD has been called for a scholarship interview. Any advice on what to prep or what is asked in the interview? Would really appreciate it
simplelearning

Post by simplelearning »

vnk29 wrote:Thanks for the links.
My DD has been called for a scholarship interview. Any advice on what to prep or what is asked in the interview? Would really appreciate it
My son is in the boys side (KES), when he had his interview they asked him to tell them a bit about himself, why he wants to join the school, extra activities he does etc...

We were fortunate as he plays good standard cricket and had played at KES before, he also played chess against KES, primary school council etc... these schools want kids that are natural, not prepped or made into robots. Many kids pass exams after tutoring, its only once they get into Indi schools or Grammar then it becomes significantly more difficult. Tell her to be open and do not feed her the answers you think the school will want to hear!
vnk29

Post by vnk29 »

Thanks. That’s helpful. We have been given the same advice of not to prep our DD. We are going to let her express herself what she wants to say. Fingers crossed it goes okay
aug78

Post by aug78 »

Is notification via phone or email or letter?

Surprised no one else here has received an interview....
vnk29

Post by vnk29 »

aug78 wrote:

Received interview via email. Have called the school to make sure this is correct. I have been told the results are not out but some children have been called for interviews.

Where are you based? Which school?
aug78

Post by aug78 »

vnk29 wrote:
aug78 wrote:

Received interview via email. Have called the school to make sure this is correct. I have been told the results are not out but some children have been called for interviews.

Where are you based? Which school?
Thanks and congrats! We are based in Wolverhampton.

When did you receive yours? Friday?

Just surprised this forum isn't awash with others mentioning the interviews.

Whereabouts are you based?
vnk29

Post by vnk29 »

Thanks and congrats! We are based in Wolverhampton.

When did you receive yours? Friday?

Just surprised this forum isn't awash with others mentioning the interviews.

Whereabouts are you based?[/quote]

Based in Birmingham. Yes, Heard from school on Friday. We were very surprised that papers are marked so quick and interview scheduled. No previous experience so can’t comment. I guess 11+ results came out 2 weeks earlier so KEHS has done this early as well
aug78

Post by aug78 »

vnk29 wrote:
Based in Birmingham. Yes, Heard from school on Friday. We were very surprised that papers are marked so quick and interview scheduled. No previous experience so can’t comment. I guess 11+ results came out 2 weeks earlier so KEHS has done this early as well
Truly awesome news, well done again to your DD.

When have they invited your DD for interview?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now