NonSuch - Catchment - House Move -2020 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
James Bond

NonSuch - Catchment - House Move -2020 entry

Post by James Bond »

Hi, Just curious if anyone has moved home into NonSuch Catchment after the results were out in 2017/2018/2019 before the Council Application deadline 31Oct?

My DD has a score which almost guarantees admission in Nonsuch for IC seat for 2020. I would like to know the following details.

1) Can I rent a studio/one bed for time being and move into a bigger flat later in 2020? Will the Sutton Council/School accept that.

2) Any other workarounds you can suggest?
hermanmunster

Re: NonSuch - Catchment - House Move -2020 entry

Post by hermanmunster »

James Bond wrote: 1) Can I rent a studio/one bed for time being and move into a bigger flat later in 2020? Will the Sutton Council/School accept that.
Where will the child be living? If not in the bedsit then generally would be considered to be a fraudulent application
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

From the Nonsuch website (my emphases)
Up to 110 places linked to our catchment area circle. This will be in order of highest score to those whose permanent place of residence on 31 October 2019 (the deadline for submission of the Common Application Form) is 5.25 km or less from the front door of Nonsuch measured in a straight line. (Distances are verified by the London Borough of Sutton using a Geographical Information System (GIS) computer program.) The number of places allocated under this criterion will be reduced by the number of places offered under the criteria in sections 3.4, 5.2.1, and 5.2.3. Where a child regularly lives with one parent for part of a week and with the other parent for the rest of the week, the permanent address will be the address at which the child lives for the greater part of the school week, i.e. Monday to Friday. If the child lives equally with both parents at different addresses, the child’s home address will be taken to be the address of the main parent/carer eligible to receive Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit, if applicable. Documentary evidence may be required. Distances will be measured in a straight line from the child’s home address using the computerised Geographical Information System maintained by Sutton’s School Admissions Team, with those living closer to the School receiving the higher priority). If you plan to move house after the Common Application Form (CAF) has been submitted, you will need to check with the local authority you are moving into as to the latest date you can make a change to your application in order for the new address to be used for the allocation of places. Documentary evidence will be required.
From the Sutton Council website:
What if my application is late or I change my preferences?

If your application is made after the closing date of 31 October 2019 or you change your existing preferences after this date, your application will be treated as late. A late application will not be considered until after all those that were received on time and may jeopardise the possibility of your child being offered a place at one of your preferred schools.

If the application is late or preferences are changed for ‘good reason’, such as a change of address, these will be considered as ‘on time’ providing the evidence the change has taken place is received by 5pm on the 11 December 2019. Any applications or changes from this date may not be considered until after 2 March 2020.

To help us decide whether cases are late for ‘good reason’, parents must submit written evidence giving details of their case. A copy of their new council tax bill together with a solicitor’s letter regarding contract completion or a copy of the new tenancy agreement, must accompany changes of address, we may also ask for proof that you have moved out of your previous address. If you are unsure whether your circumstances would be regarded as ‘good reason’, please contact the Cognus School Admissions Team for advice by emailing suttonadmissions@cognus.org.uk.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

James Bond wrote: Any other workarounds you can suggest?
I don't imagine anyone is going to suggest 'workarounds' - the rules about residence are there for a reason.
James Bond

Post by James Bond »

Thanks a lot..makes it clear. I was looking at whats legally possible to do if score is on the borderline for either wallington or nonsuch.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now