Results 2019 Entry 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

matp123

Results 2019 Entry 2020

Post by matp123 »

How many of you have 'butterflies' in stomach thinking about the result? I do :roll:
I know the result will only be published tomorrow but I checked the website at least 10 times today - just in case!
whoisfk

Re: Results tomorrow

Post by whoisfk »

Any idea what time are they expected to come?

Wishing all the children best of luck .
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

Me, really nervous.

Didn’t have a great result with ds two years ago and hoping it isn’t a repeat for dd.
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

About 12pm for the results.
Lenazayka75

Post by Lenazayka75 »

This is our last hope. DS failed Latymer and QE; passed CSSE and Ilford tests successfully but not good enough for OOC.

I am really panicking, our local secondary schools required improvements and full of children who do not care to study at all.

We worked hard and just missed some marks.
I do not have an idea what to do next. I must back to work, DH is not very helpful... just crying :(
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

Lenazayka75 wrote:This is our last hope. DS failed Latymer and QE; passed CSSE and Ilford tests successfully but not good enough for OOC.

I am really panicking, our local secondary schools required improvements and full of children who do not care to study at all.

We worked hard and just missed some marks.
I do not have an idea what to do next. I must back to work, DH is not very helpful... just crying :(
Where about’s are you? I do hope you get the result you need.

Even if things don't go as you hope it can work out. We live in Watford and my son didn’t qualify for any schools at all. Our local ones are not good so I just kept searching for alternatives. My son now goes to the boys school in the next town. It’s a longer journey than I’d like but he’s happy there and their results are similar/better than some of the selectives in Watford.
11plussed.out

Post by 11plussed.out »

Good luck everyone, we loved St Clement Danes. Me too I was checking website yesterday just in case.
Best of luck, Lenazayka75, I hope you get result you need.
I underestimated the emotions that I would feel post 11+ test, whilst waiting for results and then dealing with results.
renzokuken

Post by renzokuken »

and the tricky bit is even after the result out, it's still very difficult to gauge whether the score is good enough to get a place, as it's the first with new exam provider....few more months of wait until March until we know..
Spicy

Post by Spicy »

My daughter sat the academic papers in September for SW Herts and subsequently for Bucks. Our target school is St. Clement Danes.

She has Asperger's and was given extra time in her exam as well a smaller room. The problem is that she got to a question she struggled with early on and stayed with it for a long time which meant that she had to rush and guess some answers. This was her first exam and she is perfectionist, she was very nervous and forgot to move on. When she came out of the exam she said to me immediately, "I didn't do very well as I got stuck on one question".

She has since sat the Bucks 11+ and said that she think she did well. Her experience with the SW Herts exam helped her.

She has an excellent academic history in primary school, a ready age of 14 when she was in Year 4, she is in the top sets for maths and English, she is on the higher achieving pupil programme, talented writers group, and her reports are consistently grade her work as Greater Depth. Her maths and English in her y5 reports were 120+, I am told they do not score over this level at the school. I am confident in providing evidence from school on her academic ability however my questions are - as it's only a partially selective school am I able to appeal based on her academic ability for an academic place? Do I have any grounds for appeal? I am moving into WD3 area but not close enough for a distance place.

She does not have an ECHP
gg234

Post by gg234 »

Results available now
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now