KEGS and Good area to move in..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
newblossom

KEGS and Good area to move in..

Post by newblossom »

Hi all, if we get place in KEGS thought of moving to near by area. DS scored enough to get in based on history scores. so thought of exploring the good areas to move in. DD goes to primary, so looking for:

1. Area which has good primary schools
2. Common catchment area for Essex Girls schools
3. Commute to Central London
4. Obviously better commute to KEGS :).

Could you suggest your views please? Thanks in advance. Currently in Ilford and not fond of DS travelling everyday 2hours for school.

Thanks in advance.
ToadMum

Re: KEGS and Good area to move in..

Post by ToadMum »

newblossom wrote:Hi all, if we get place in KEGS thought of moving to near by area. DS scored enough to get in based on history scores. so thought of exploring the good areas to move in. DD goes to primary, so looking for:

Could you suggest your views please? Thanks in advance. Currently in Ilford and not fond of DS travelling everyday 2hours for school.

Thanks in advance.
Beaulieu Park? Ticks 1, 2 and 4, although re girls' grammars, only really convenient for CCHS. New all-through 4 - 16 school built on the edge (city side) of the development, currently on its second Reception and first Yr7 intake. Direct bus into the centre. Only not so much ticking 3, as you would have to add the bus ride to your rail commute. There is intermittently talk of extending the railway out there, but nothing has come of it so far.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
newblossom

Post by newblossom »

Thanks Toadmum, let me look into that area.
RedDevil66

Post by RedDevil66 »

ToadMum wrote:
newblossom wrote:Hi all, if we get place in KEGS thought of moving to near by area. DS scored enough to get in based on history scores. so thought of exploring the good areas to move in. DD goes to primary, so looking for:

Thanks in advance.

Beaulieu Park? Ticks 1, 2 and 4, although re girls' grammars, only really convenient for CCHS. New all-through 4 - 16 school built on the edge (city side) of the development, currently on its second Reception and first Yr7 intake. Direct bus into the centre. Only not so much ticking 3, as you would have to add the bus ride to your rail commute. There is intermittently talk of extending the railway out there, but nothing has come of it so far.

****** expensive Toady. You can get a 3 bed for 400,000 then it goes upwards.

Average prices are are higher than other Parts of Essex. people have moved into my area( South Woodham Ferrers) from London due to schools. A few miles away from Chelmsford mind and kids need to take the bus.

Having said that, prices are climbing as it's more rural and just not as crowded
newblossom

Post by newblossom »

I was dreaming of getting bigger house as it is out of London...seems its just day dream. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

newblossom wrote:I was dreaming of getting bigger house as it is out of London...seems its just day dream. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tbf, you didn't mention budget...

Possibly look at Rayleigh? Cheaper than Chelmsford. Bus (Arrow Taxis route 3 / First X30) to Chelmsford or train with a change at Shenfield. Whole postcode in priority admissions area for SHSG and WHSG, not sure whether some parts also in CCHS catchment.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
newblossom

Post by newblossom »

Budget will be around 425 to 475k. Look Rayleigh ss well. Thank you.
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

There’s also a new development at the end of Broomfield Road beside the hospital. Good primary school, comprehensive secondary as a back up, and an easy bus ride / cycle into the train station. Springfield is also OK, though some primary schools have a better reputation than others. £450k will get you a decent 3 bed.
marigold

Post by marigold »

I work at the hospital and spend a good 10 mins each day in a traffic jam outside this new development. 5000 staff work at Broomfield Hospital and god knows how many patients and relatives drive up that small road each day. I can only assume that anyone who buys here is a hypochondriac who wants to be within a 5 min walk ( or 10 min drive ) from A and E, loves the sound of ambulance sirens and is excited by the prospect of their nearest shops being the small branches of WH Smith’s and M and S inside the hospital.
Also, having the benefit of spending quite a considerable time looking at them from my bus window, some also need repainting and they have only been up a year .
So, I wouldn’t recommend there !
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

marigold wrote:within a 5 min walk ( or 10 min drive )
:lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now