CEM paper remark

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mrsey81

CEM paper remark

Post by Mrsey81 »

Our sons results have come thorough and they are suprisingly low. It makes us wonder if there has been a marking issue. Does anyone know how we request a remark in Warwickshire?

If we are going down that route should we put the grammar schools down on our school application prior to other local schools pending the remark request?
Etienne

Re: CEM paper remark

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)
Mrsey81 wrote:Our sons results have come thorough and they are suprisingly low. It makes us wonder if there has been a marking issue. Does anyone know how we request a remark in Warwickshire?
Unless one of our Warwickshire/Birmingham members can help, you will probably have to ask whoever organised your 11+ (e.g. the LA or the school) whether this is possible.

Note that they are under no obligation to do a re-mark.
We are aware that in some areas it is possible:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If we are going down that route should we put the grammar schools down on our school application prior to other local schools pending the remark request?
If you want to keep all your options open (including an appeal), then yes.
You must list schools on the CAF in your true order of preference.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... n-form-caf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
geocachers

Post by geocachers »

This is the response we have had from CEM:

Thank you for your request to have information released held by CEM, Cambridge Assessment.

Your request is being handled as a subject access request under Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).

In accordance with GDPR, we are only obliged to comply with your request once we have received the necessary information and suitable identification. When we receive this documentation, we will respondto your request within one month.

I would be grateful if you would complete and return the Subject Access Request Form attached, and as stipulated by the Act, provide proof of identification for yourself and your son’s, showing parentalresponsibility (e.g. copy of a driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).

CEM does not provide a remark service. We are confident that the marking system is accurate and fair. Scanning work must comply with the following: guarantee of 99.9% reading accuracy and 100%de-duplication of data.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Mrsey81 wrote:Our sons results have come thorough and they are suprisingly low. It makes us wonder if there has been a marking issue. Does anyone know how we request a remark in Warwickshire?

Unless something has changed, CEM don't do remarking. The best you could do is apply to the schools you were considering (making sure that at least one of them is a school you are guaranteed a place at) and then get rejected from the grammar school and trigger your right to appeal.
Mrsey81

Post by Mrsey81 »

Thanks for this info on a freedom of information request.

Could you send me the form from CEM as I'd like to make a request too?

I'm wondering what information we can get through a request. I hear that you can't get the raw score or the mark sheet. Is that right? Could I verify the standardised score that has been passed on to the council, for example?

Thanks,

Matthew
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now