ColCHSG Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
peakyblinder

ColCHSG Catchment

Post by peakyblinder »

Hi All,

i have been watching this forum since long and i see everyone is really helpful.

We live in Buckinghamshire where catchment count after getting qualified mark -121( we are not in catchment to any Bucks Grammar schools) and hence as a backup we have given CSSE exam as well ( assume that ColCHSG do not consider catchment ). Bucks results are due this friday.

My DD score in CSSE

In the below document it says in Last 4 years above 336 mark (yellow) eventually got a place at ColCHSG. does it mean irrespective of where you are or is there any catchment area for that as well. i am confused.

https://www.csse.org.uk/images/simplefi ... 6-9-19.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will definitely move to Colchester if she get a place in ColCHSG. otherwise we will just stay where we are and move to local secondary, i do not have any intention of moving before 29th Nov for the sake of address.

Could you please advice if its ok to mention ColCHSG as our first priority while applying from Bucks LA ?

Thanks
scary mum

Re: ColCHSG Catchment

Post by scary mum »

If you live in Bucks you must have a local GS. Whereabouts are you? PM me if you don't want to say on here.
I haven't looked at the admissions criteria for Colchester, but if there is no catchment, yes, you can put it on your Bucks CAF form (you always use one form - your local one, however many areas you are applying for).
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:If you live in Bucks you must have a local GS. Whereabouts are you? PM me if you don't want to say on here.
I haven't looked at the admissions criteria for Colchester, but if there is no catchment, yes, you can put it on your Bucks CAF form (you always use one form - your local one, however many areas you are applying for).
Colchester County High does not have a catchment area.

Looked After Children* (LAC) or Previously Looked After Children (PLAC) who score 320 or above will be
prioritised first. Thereafter up to 20 places will be
available to the highest scoring applicants who are
eligible for the pupil premium (i.e. those in receipt of
free schools meals either currently or have received
free school meals in the previous 6 years, for whom
their primary school receives the pupil premium) and
who achieve a test score of 320 or more. The remaining
places will be available to all other highest scoring
applicants in rank order of merit.

https://assets.ctfassets.net/knkzaf64jx ... ochure.pdf
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
peakyblinder

Post by peakyblinder »

Thanks scary mum & ToadMum,
Thats really helpful.

so, i can select ColCHSG as my priority even applying from my LA without moving close to school.

Thanks a lot.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

I assume if she gets in you will move.

No catchment and previous years your daughters score will get her in... Same score my girl got
peakyblinder

Post by peakyblinder »

Proudmumregardless wrote:I assume if she gets in you will move.

No catchment and previous years your daughters score will get her in... Same score my girl got

Yes definitely. Thank You
peakyblinder

Post by peakyblinder »

Hello ,

If anyone went to CoCHS Open evening yesterday (21.10), could they please let us know what additional information was given?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now