Music scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dotty2468

Music scores

Post by Dotty2468 »

Good luck everyone!

If anyone is willing would you share your music scores so helpful for those that have taken the test.

Very best wishes to everyone .
Weakandwobbly

Re: Music scores

Post by Weakandwobbly »

Dotty2468 wrote:Good luck everyone!

If anyone is willing would you share your music scores so helpful for those that have taken the test.

Very best wishes to everyone .

My DD scored 48 on the MAT and then 41 on the practical ...but did badly on the Academic test... I hope she still gets a place at SCD!
Last edited by Weakandwobbly on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matp123

Post by matp123 »

38 for my DD
busyMum2

Post by busyMum2 »

42 for my DS.
Littlefishes3

Post by Littlefishes3 »

My DS scored 37
Beeyourself

Post by Beeyourself »

We got 36, which is very low for my DS, he will normally be right at the top.
But we are still, getting the school we want so I want complain, but do feel disappointed with what happened on the day of exam.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

Friends DS got 37
Chiqui

Post by Chiqui »

Hi everyone, I'm new here... both in this forum and also pretty new to this system as we're not from the UK. Anyway, my daughter got 44 in her music test, which we're very happy about. But I'm still a bit confused. We're in a priority postcode for Parmiter's, and as you know, last year the lowest score of a child allocated a place under the music criterion was 41. Does that mean that we're very likely to get Parmiter's if we put it first? (or even second?)

My daughter really liked Parmiter's, but she also liked STAGS. We don't live close to STAGS though, so if we put it first we're probably not going to get it and would have to go on the continued interest list and say no to Parmiter's... right? Am I understanding the system correctly?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Put the schools in the order you prefer. Each school will decide if they can offer you a place based on their oversubscription criteria and they don’t know where you ranked them on your CAF.

So there is no harm in putting a optimistic choice first as it will not impact your subsequent choices. So long as you list the schools in your true order of preference the LA will offer you the highest school on your list that you are eligible for.

https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/servic ... akinganapp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
School admissions across the country

School admissions are coordinated by local authorities to ensure that children across the country are offered a single school place on the same day. This system is fairer, with more parents being offered one of their preferred schools earlier.
All applications are considered at the same time. Admission rules are applied equally, regardless of how you ordered (ranked) the schools on your form.
We will only use your order of preference (rank) if it's possible to offer your child a place at more than one of your preferred schools. If this is the case, we'll offer you a place at the highest ranked school possible.
The allocation process is automated for all community schools. Officers aren't involved and don't influence decisions. The only exceptions are when deciding whether a child qualifies for a place under Rule 2 and when allocating a school not ranked on your application form.
Schools and academies responsible for their own admissions provide us with a list of pupils they will offer places to.
We offer all places on behalf of all schools in Hertfordshire.
Don’t forget the lower choices on your CAF need to be increasingly realistic and it is prudent to list your local catchment school.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

Congratulations on a fantastic score. I would say you’re very like to get your first choice with a score of 44

Chiqui wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new here... both in this forum and also pretty new to this system as we're not from the UK. Anyway, my daughter got 44 in her music test, which we're very happy about. But I'm still a bit confused. We're in a priority postcode for Parmiter's, and as you know, last year the lowest score of a child allocated a place under the music criterion was 41. Does that mean that we're very likely to get Parmiter's if we put it first? (or even second?)

My daughter really liked Parmiter's, but she also liked STAGS. We don't live close to STAGS though, so if we put it first we're probably not going to get it and would have to go on the continued interest list and say no to Parmiter's... right? Am I understanding the system correctly?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now