Kent Results Waiting Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Herewego1

Kent Results Waiting Thread

Post by Herewego1 »

Please post here when you get your email.. give us all some hope!
doodles

Re: Kent Results Waiting Thread

Post by doodles »

Good luck to all your DC's today, I remember it all too well :shock:

However, please remember that not everybody will get good news today. For some it will be the start of a long process of dealing with disappointment so please be sensitive when posting.

Roll on this afternoon.....
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

doodles wrote:Good luck to all your DC's today, I remember it all too well :shock:

However, please remember that not everybody will get good news today. For some it will be the start of a long process of dealing with disappointment so please be sensitive when posting.

Roll on this afternoon.....
Perfectly put doodles!

For anyone who didn’t get the result they hoped for, there is a weslth of advice on the appeals section Q&A.
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

Thanks for the link Herewego!! Very interesting read... fills me with dread at the comment of less OOC passing - which is exactly our position!!! This day will feel very long today.
inthemedia

Post by inthemedia »

Good luck everyone! I used this forum extensively during my first 11+ experience in 2017 and my DS1 is now yr8 at TWGSB. Now sweating on the results for my youngest son, who went into the test borderline but an end of July baby, so hoping for some extra marks due to his age. he's pretty ace at reasoning and good at maths but I'm worried about the English paper.

Feel sick, shaky and distracted, and I'm supposed to be working!
Annao8

Post by Annao8 »

Hi, we did paper application and are out of catchment, so do we just get email with results, including raw score? I don't think we have log in details.

ps- I have now found the log in details!
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

Annao8 wrote:Hi, we did paper application and are out of catchment, so do we just get email with results, including raw score? I don't think we have log in details.

If you registered online your child’s results should be sent to you by email after 4pm. If you did not register online and they do not have an email address for you, then the results will be sent by letter. (If you wish to know your child’s test scores, you can request them from their primary school from 18 October 2019.)

If it’s the same as previous years, Your email will only tell you if your child has been assessed suitable for high-school or grammar school. You will need to log on to the parent portal to see the scores attained.

You can request raw scores after you’ve received your email from kent.admissions@kent.gov.uk

Good Luck!
Annao8

Post by Annao8 »

Taraific wrote:
Annao8 wrote:Hi, we did paper application and are out of catchment, so do we just get email with results, including raw score? I don't think we have log in details.

If you registered online your child’s results should be sent to you by email after 4pm. If you did not register online and they do not have an email address for you, then the results will be sent by letter. (If you wish to know your child’s test scores, you can request them from their primary school from 18 October 2019.)

If it’s the same as previous years, Your email will only tell you if your child has been assessed suitable for high-school or grammar school. You will need to log on to the parent portal to see the scores attained.

You can request raw scores after you’ve received your email from kent.admissions@kent.gov.uk

Good Luck!
Thank you taraific,
I have found my log in, so should be able to access the scores when email received, hopefully!
do they reply immediately when we request raw scores? as I presume everyone would want to know!
NDPM

Post by NDPM »

Reported on Kentlive:

*16207 children sat the Kent test across the whole county(449 less than last year)
*7735 passed (overall pass rate rose from 46.3% to 47.7%)
*4641 are from Kent, rest are educated out of the county or at home.
*the number of GS places available has also risen from 5214 to 5345.

I just needed some reality check to keep my mind clear.

Don’t the minutes drag on?
Poplol

Post by Poplol »

NDPM wrote:Reported on Kentlive:

*16207 children sat the Kent test across the whole county(449 less than last year)
*7735 passed (overall pass rate rose from 46.3% to 47.7%)
*4641 are from Kent, rest are educated out of the county or at home.
*the number of GS places available has also risen from 5214 to 5345.

I just needed some reality check to keep my mind clear.

Don’t the minutes drag on?
Almost there, just hang on. Thx for the information. I'm surprised at the difference between the number of IC and OOC Children that passed this year.