WestCliff High School for Girls - Score and chances.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Interested_Parent

WestCliff High School for Girls - Score and chances.

Post by Interested_Parent »

Dear Moderators,

I had been following this forum for a long time. Very helpful. I must appreciate your knowledge and enthusiasm to share as well as the time each moderator is spending on answering.

My daughter got 313.255 in the CSSE exam.
What are the chances for my daughter to get admission (Septemeber 2020) into one of the girl's grammar schools in Southend either Westcliff High School for Girls or Southend High School for Girls in the Inside catchment category?
We are more interested in Westcliff High School, any advise / inputs will be of great help.

Kind Regards.
hermanmunster

Re: WestCliff High School for Girls - Score and chances.

Post by hermanmunster »

I think this thread might help - these are last years scores collated by forum members https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 15&t=57297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Are you currently resident on the priority admissions area for the Sourhend grammar schools? If not, youve got thirteen days to arrange a permanent move.

Unfortunately, that score would be highly unlikely to secure a place as an OOC applicant.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JosieC

Post by JosieC »

Interested_Parent wrote:Dear Moderators,

I had been following this forum for a long time. Very helpful. I must appreciate your knowledge and enthusiasm to share as well as the time each moderator is spending on answering.

What are the chances for my daughter to get admission (Septemeber 2020) into one of the girl's grammar schools in Southend either Westcliff High School for Girls or Southend High School for Girls in the Inside catchment category?
We are more interested in Westcliff High School, any advise / inputs will be of great help.

Kind Regards.
Historically a score of 303 would secure an in catchment place at either school. What we don't know is whether the number of applicants/age standardisation/introduction of pupil premium places will start to push that cut-off upwards. I think it's certainly looking that way for WHSG, as for the first time (in at least six years) they filled all their in catchment places for 2019 entry.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

I would be quietly confident that 313 would be enough to secure a grammar place if you live IC. I don’t think we know yet how many IC kids (girls/boys) achieved 303 or above but if it’s less than 75% of the PAN for the two schools you’ll be fine.

I made an FOI request last year regarding IC grammar places- particularly around first choice allocations and in the period 2015-2018 all girls got their first choice school. I believe that there have been instance where both boys schools have filled their IC spaces and boys have been allocated their second choice on allocation day (albeit in different years)
peakyblinder

Post by peakyblinder »

JosieC wrote:
Interested_Parent wrote:Dear Moderators,

Kind Regards.
Historically a score of 303 would secure an in catchment place at either school. What we don't know is whether the number of applicants/age standardisation/introduction of pupil premium places will start to push that cut-off upwards. I think it's certainly looking that way for WHSG, as for the first time (in at least six years) they filled all their in catchment places for 2019 entry.

in 2019 , WHSG has filled 138 IC places out of 148 IC places and remaining 46 are filled by OOC.