Westcliff open day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Victor

Westcliff open day

Post by Victor »

Did anyone attend the Westcliff open day yesterday?
I heard OOC cut off could be around 344
ToadMum

Re: Westcliff open day

Post by ToadMum »

Victor wrote:Did anyone attend the Westcliff open day yesterday?
Well, that's presumably what the member of staff said, if your informant is reliable?

How did your DD do?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Victor

Post by Victor »

It was the head
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Could be......or it could be 369......or it could be 320.......there’s no way to tell until people make their application as the school will have no idea who will apply to their school. The only thing the Southend schools can say with certainty is how many in catchment children passed and whether all of them will get places
JosieC

Post by JosieC »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Could be......or it could be 369......or it could be 320.......there’s no way to tell until people make their application as the school will have no idea who will apply to their school. The only thing the Southend schools can say with certainty is how many in catchment children passed and whether all of them will get places
Hi pinkrabbit38,

Would I need to contact the school directly to find out how many in catchment girls passed for 2020 entry? Or would it be best to speak to CSSE? Thank you.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

JosieC wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Hi pinkrabbit38,

Would I need to contact the school directly to find out how many in catchment girls passed for 2020 entry? Or would it be best to speak to CSSE? Thank you.
In previous years, it seems, someone has usually asked at the post results info sessions and fed the answer back, so the schools would probably have the information.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
JosieC

Post by JosieC »

Hi pinkrabbit38,

Would I need to contact the school directly to find out how many in catchment girls passed for 2020 entry? Or would it be best to speak to CSSE? Thank you.[/quote]

In previous years, it seems, someone has usually asked at the post results info sessions and fed the answer back, so the schools would probably have the information.[/quote]

Ok thank you.
essexmummy

Post by essexmummy »

JosieC wrote:
pinkrabbit38 wrote:
Hi pinkrabbit38,

I think its best to speak to the school and find and feed us back here, I will too as much info I get..
Thanks
angelmummy

Post by angelmummy »

The WHSG open afternoon was yesterday. I went and believe the Head said 263 in catchment girls passed. So if you place the 2 grammar schools on your CAF form (in your true order of preference), then your daughter is “highly, highly likely” to get a place at either WHSG or SHSG.
Hope that helps x
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

angelmummy wrote:The WHSG open afternoon was yesterday. I went and believe the Head said 263 in catchment girls passed. So if you place the 2 grammar schools on your CAF form (in your true order of preference), then your daughter is “highly, highly likely” to get a place at either WHSG or SHSG.
Hope that helps x
I believe there are just over 270 places reserved for IC girls across the two schools so I would say it’s more than highly likely if the admissions procedures are followed! I believe that’s a bit more than last year- I will go back and have a search.

Edit - 262 IC girls passed last year so we can expect to see similarly high scores being required for the remaining OOC places this year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now