Do the schools we apply to see the children's results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MaidenheadFamily

Do the schools we apply to see the children's results?

Post by MaidenheadFamily »

Hi. I'm aware that don't have relevance to the selection process but do the schools still see what the children have scored?
scary mum

Re: Do the schools we apply to see the children's results?

Post by scary mum »

Do you mean while you are applying? No.
I don't know if they receive the results before the children start, but I wouldn't worry, it is irrelevant, anyone with 121+, or indeed qualified after review or appeal is on equal footing.
scary mum
IncyWincy

Post by IncyWincy »

My eldest’s school once sent a letter saying that she had been put forward for something on the basis of various different things such as primary results, tests done since joining, teacher feedback and 11 plus results so they must have received them at some point.
MaidenheadFamily

Post by MaidenheadFamily »

Thanks. Was just wondering. After speaking with other parents yesterday I couldn't help wondering why they don't just issue a pass/fail result instead of giving scores!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If only! I had a policy of not telling people scores, just smiling & saying we were pleased that they had qualified (one didn't but we didn't say their score either).
scary mum
lewpylou

Post by lewpylou »

My daughters are at Becky High, and yes, they definitely had their 11+ results and use them as a basis for end of KS4 expectations, which I find completely ridiculous.
duffygc

Post by duffygc »

MaidenheadFamily wrote:Hi. I'm aware that don't have relevance to the selection process but do the schools still see what the children have scored?
I'm pretty sure I read recently (regarding Bucks) that they don't see the score, nor any details of other schools your child applied for. Out of interest, there was a useful description of the process by which Bucks applicant details are sent to schools and then ordered lists of applicants are sent back to Bucks for the multi-round allocation process.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451135 ... 019-20.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

duffygc wrote:
MaidenheadFamily wrote:Hi. I'm aware that don't have relevance to the selection process but do the schools still see what the children have scored?
I'm pretty sure I read recently (regarding Bucks) that they don't see the score, nor any details of other schools your child applied for. Out of interest, there was a useful description of the process by which Bucks applicant details are sent to schools and then ordered lists of applicants are sent back to Bucks for the multi-round allocation process.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451135 ... 019-20.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The schools won't necessarily see the score at this stage, as it isn't even a tie-breaker for the allocation of places. However, that doesn't preclude the score being sent to the school at which a place is eventually taken up, once a child is actually on roll, if, as lewpylou indicates, the score is used to inform predictions of future performance. Those are two different issues.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

In Warwickshire the 11+ scores are sent to the school for those who are offered, and accept, a place. It is part of the package of information - not sure they pay much heed to it as they run their own testing in Y7.
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

Our GS have told us they do not use 11+ scores for any target setting or anything else as they regard everyone as qualified. They do their own baseline tests and use KS2 SATs. I think this is because 11+ is an aptitude test just used for selection.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now