Template for Common Application Form for overseas admission

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Topsy

Template for Common Application Form for overseas admission

Post by Topsy »

Hi

Can you pls let me know where I can find a template for common application form for Sutton council. Cant find it on the council website. We are applying from overseas

Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Template for Common Application Form for overseas admiss

Post by hermanmunster »

I think it varies by LEA as to how they handle applications from overseas.

Normally you just fill in one CAF for all the schools you are applying for and send it back to your home LEA, but you won't have a home LEA at present.
Probably best to contact the admissions department to ask them what to do
praveena

Post by praveena »

Hi Topsy
Were you able to get the CAF template? Even we r trying to apply from Overseas to Sutton Council. My DD has qualified for both Wallington girls and Nonsuch. pls share your inputs.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

As I mentioned above, you have to apply to your HOME LEA and as you are abroad you don't have one, in these circumstances I think you should directly contact the LEA to discuss how they want to handle overseas admissions
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

If you are a crown servant the LA should be able to accommodate an overseas application. Otherwise you may have to wait until you are in the Uk before your application can be accepted. As has been already said, the local authority should be able to advise you.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rvants.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Have a look on the Sutton website, I just have and all the information is there, including the on line CAF. The relevant sentence in the Moving up to Secondary School booklet (which you can download) is:
Applicants living overseas may only submit an application if they have a linked address within
the Local Authority area, and documentary evidence must be supplied to show they will return
to the address prior to the September in the year of entry; this address must not be an
address of convenience.
They run checks to make sure it is a valid application.
scary mum
praveena

Post by praveena »

@hermamunster - thank you for your inputs.

I did contact the Council regarding the admission process. They do not want us to apply online. but they didnt send us any scanned format of the application form. Also, the council needs a linked address in Sutton. We r unsure of this linked address, since we dont own a house or have a rental agreement to prove. We dont know how to go about it.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

That means that you can't apply until you are living there.
scary mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

As scary mum says you can't then apply until you are actually living in Sutton then.

A linked address is for people who have had to move abroad for work, for example, but intend to return for their child to be educated here. These people have maintained a home in this country to return to. It is not an address of convenience - an address of convenience is a friend or family address - or indeed a short term rental - that the person living abroad says they are returning to, in order to try and access education. Unfortunately the Council will NOT accept this as they will check things like council tax records and electoral roll, as well as rental agreements etc to ensure it is not just an address of convenience. All of these things are done to prevent address fraud and ensure that places in local schools are, as much as possible, given to people who live in the locality.

Assumably you checked all this before you applied for a school from abroad? As to whether you would actually be entitled to have a place, not just qualify for a test but never actually be able to get a place at a school?

They will not send you a scanned application form because the system requires you to apply online - and you can't do that until you are here.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now