CSSE 2020 Entry Guidance Sheet - Estimating Green Zone

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tkegs

CSSE 2020 Entry Guidance Sheet - Estimating Green Zone

Post by Tkegs »

Hi All,

Can anyone shed any light as to the approach used by the CSSE to estimate the green zone please? I found it interesting that there is a quite a variable margin between schools when comparing the yellow zone to green. Discounting the IC Southend school dynamic, from the table below the margin is almost double for CCHS than KEGS as example.

pinkrabbit38

Re: CSSE 2020 Entry Guidance Sheet - Estimating Green Zone

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Tkegs wrote:Hi All,

Can anyone shed any light as to the approach used by the CSSE to estimate the green zone please? I found it interesting that there is a quite a variable margin between schools when comparing the yellow zone to green. Discounting the IC Southend school dynamic, from the table below the margin is almost double for CCHS than KEGS as example.

Things like schools adding extra classes can make a difference, also there tends to be less drop out after offers day for Kegs whereas some parents will put all the Grammar schools without considering travel time etc so will then drop out.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

They aren’t estimates- that would be impossible as there are too many variables.

The Green Zone = in the period every child who has scored *** and above has been offered a school place on National Offer Day

The Yellow Zone = in the period every child who scored *** and above was offered from the waiting list.

The Orange Zone = the lowest score of a child admitted within the period.
Tkegs

Post by Tkegs »

Leighmum2019 wrote:They aren’t estimates- that would be impossible as there are too many variables.

The Green Zone = in the period every child who has scored *** and above has been offered a school place on National Offer Day

The Yellow Zone = in the period every child who scored *** and above was offered from the waiting list.

The Orange Zone = the lowest score of a child admitted within the period.
Thanks for the responses - it was not clear from the guidance sheet that the green zone represents offer scores given it states:

‘ This column indicates 11+ test scores that will almost certainly ensure a place is awarded. This score is calculated – based on the last four years – to be well-above what is required.’
kegboys

Post by kegboys »

Last year some in green zone did not get an offer on 1 March...it was an odd year though
peakyblinder

Post by peakyblinder »

kegboys wrote:Last year some in green zone did not get an offer on 1 March...it was an odd year though
You mean when compared to last year released guidance sheet.. I think that’s because of age standardisation was introduced from last year .. this year should be fine ( but not sure till March 1st :roll: )
rm62

Post by rm62 »

peakyblinder wrote:
kegboys wrote:Last year some in green zone did not get an offer on 1 March...it was an odd year though
You mean when compared to last year released guidance sheet.. I think that’s because of age standardisation was introduced from last year .. this year should be fine ( but not sure till March 1st :roll: )

This is my concern in that really we only have last year's results (one set of data) to use as a guide. I would now argue all previous year's data could well be irrelevant.
Stateschooled

Post by Stateschooled »

Yes I would only go by last years guidance sheet. The years before that are irrelevant as the schools did not reflect age. At least this year we seem to have a more accurate guidance sheet. I know someone last year who was in the centre of the yellow zone and was confident her son would get a place offered and he was not offered a place on national offer day and did not know until June that he got a place at the preferred school.
brunodad

Post by brunodad »

All IC Kegs, can you please post your scores at the below link, I have started a thread to analyse IC cutoffs.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... gs#p729874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many thanks,
brunodad

Post by brunodad »

Stateschooled wrote:Yes I would only go by last years guidance sheet. The years before that are irrelevant as the schools did not reflect age. At least this year we seem to have a more accurate guidance sheet. I know someone last year who was in the centre of the yellow zone and was confident her son would get a place offered and he was not offered a place on national offer day and did not know until June that he got a place at the preferred school.

Hi, this is useful, does that mean the yellow scores on 2020 guidance sheet has been amended too ( I havent seen last year one)?
Thanks