NorthLondonMummy's thread

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ricky74

NorthLondonMummy's thread

Post by Ricky74 »

We were in a similar position.
I looked into a remark but it wasn't possible.

It's hard when a sibling is at grammar and when you know they have similar ability (stronger in your case).

Good luck in the appeals process.
In the meantime, big up your local school.
hermanmunster

Re: An unexpected result

Post by hermanmunster »

hi cookie - have you had a look at the appeals FAQ ? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cookie1

Post by cookie1 »

hermanmunster wrote:hi cookie - have you had a look at the appeals FAQ ? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yes i have now. thank you.
NorthLondonMummy

Post by NorthLondonMummy »

Please can I have assistance for GL.

This is what emailed:

"I would to request my child's GL test scores undertaken for 11 plus exams at three schools. Please advise me of any charges.

Please forward this email to the relevant person"

GL reply:

"Good afternoon

You will need to contact the school direct for any results for tests which they have administered.

Kind regards

Senior Customer Service Advisor, GL Assessment"

The schools in question have all declined raw marks request, with a SAR for one in London.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The schools in question have all declined raw marks request
If GL have the data in their possession - which presumably they do - I would have thought they should be giving you a legitimate reason for refusing.

Where you have the refusal in writing, you could try going to the ICO about each of the organisations concerned.
https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
("Your personal information concerns - If you have had a problem accessing your personal information from an organisation .....")

It may take time, but worth seeing if the ICO can help.
Etienne
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

NorthLondonMummy wrote:Please can I have assistance for GL.

This is what emailed:

"I would to request my child's GL test scores undertaken for 11 plus exams at three schools. Please advise me of any charges.

Please forward this email to the relevant person"

GL reply:

"Good afternoon

You will need to contact the school direct for any results for tests which they have administered.

Kind regards

Senior Customer Service Advisor, GL Assessment"

The schools in question have all declined raw marks request, with a SAR for one in London.
Apologies if I am wrong but if that is all you put in your email to GL, it would sound to them like you are just asking them for the 11+ test results not any breakdown? Their reply seems to indicate that.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I think you're right, rhiane.

Less haste needed on my part!

There does need to be absolute clarity about what is being requested.
Etienne
NorthLondonMummy

Post by NorthLondonMummy »

Thank you for your input and pointing out my wording,rhiane..

Here's my new reply: (please feel free to comment)

"Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, I have already the GL test results from three different schools (London).

Please can I ask
1. a re-mark , if possible and
2. If we can have a breakdown of her scores (different sections)

I hope this is a litte clearer. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further clarification."
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

NorthLondonMummy wrote:Thank you for your input and pointing out my wording,rhiane..

Here's my new reply: (please feel free to comment)

"Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, I have already the GL test results from three different schools (London).

Please can I ask
1. a re-mark , if possible and
2. If we can have a breakdown of her scores (different sections)

I hope this is a litte clearer. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further clarification."
Sorry, I'm not the right person to advise on matters such as these, but if you haven't already i'd list the schools and candidate numbers, if you have them, or your DCs full name and DOB if you don't.
Some schools don't allow remarks but this is normally stated in their exam info, for example Latymer states this under admission procedures "The school will not be able to consider requests for re-marks" other school will not remark papers until after National offer day (2nd March) you'll need to check each school's admission pages.
Whether or not they will release a breakdown of an individual's scores, I have no idea?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

When making a Subject Access Request, the ICO advise against muddying the waters by simultaneously raising other issues (in this instance, the possibility of a re-mark).

Why not borrow some of the wording used in the specimen SARs to be found in B47 (e) and (i)?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You mustn't of course put this on the forum, but GL deal with many, many thousands of candidates, so your email must give them sufficient information to identify you, such as child's full name, date of birth, test venue, date of test, candidate number (if known).
[cross post with rhiane]
Etienne