CRGS waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shaz5

CRGS waiting list

Post by shaz5 »

Anyone any idea on how many children are accepted from the waiting list. My son is in the top 10 but is that enough to put CRGS as first choice. Don’t want to lose out at another school.

If you don’t get first choice do you automatically get your second choice.
hermanmunster

Re: CRGS waiting list

Post by hermanmunster »

You get a place at the first school on your list who can offer you a place, so if the first can't and the second can, then you will be offered a place at the second school. If you don't put CRGS first then you won't be considered
shaz5

Post by shaz5 »

Thank you for your reply. That sounds reassuring.

Schools make you think unless you put them as first choice you’ll never get a place.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

That is because you will be offered the highest ranking school that you qualify for. Which is why you need to put them in order of preference.

So the heads are saying if you like our school best then place it first.

https://assets.ctfassets.net/knkzaf64jx ... ochure.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Page 11
Selective/Grammar schools
You should put your preferred schools on the application form in the order that you want them, and this should include grammar schools if you so wish. You will need to consider the order of schools carefully. School Admissions will offer places according to the highest of your preferences that can be met. Entry to all grammar schools in Essex is based on the results of selection tests. If your child’s selection test score is high enough for him/ her to be offered a grammar school place but you have expressed a higher preference for another school that can be met, your single offer of a place will be at your higher preference school, not the
grammar school.
List the schools in your true order of preference.
shaz5

Post by shaz5 »

Thank you.

He passed the entrance exam for two grammar schools. Unfortunately he is on waiting list for our first choice. I’m going to still put it as first though...something I’m very nervous about and hope I don’t live to regret.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Did he sit the BRGS or skipton? I no a few that have sat skipton and crgs and got in both and putting Skipton first choice xx
shaz5

Post by shaz5 »

Thank you for your reply x

He passed BRGS too and actually got offered a place. That’s why it’s so tough ... we were convinced he wouldn’t pass this exam because he found it harder than the Clitheroe. We were going to put Clitheroe down first .... then the BRGS offer threw us.

I know a couple who passed CRGS and Skipton too and they too will pick Skipton as first choice.

Skipton seems very popular but it’s not a school I had looked into before.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

If you put Clitheroe first (and that is the school you want ) then if you don't get it it won't affect your chance at BRGS. Sounds like there may be some movement in the CRGS list, depending on how many people take up places at BRGS and Ermysted's
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

(* assuming these are state grammar schools, technically he is not on the waiting list yet, as nobody has actually applied to any school yet....)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

kenyancowgirl wrote:(* assuming these are state grammar schools, technically he is not on the waiting list yet, as nobody has actually applied to any school yet....)
true KCG ... but this is Lancashire :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now