percentage needed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mary

percentage needed

Post by mary »

can anyone tell me what percentage a child aged 10years 4months would need to get to get the pass mark?
Jed

Post by Jed »

Impossible to tell exact raw mark needed in any particular year for any particular age.

But if it helps, last year in Bucks my June-born daughter (10Y 4M) was scoring around 65/80 on practice papers and achieved 116 (in other words, not quite enough).

Jed
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mary

The % score, no one really knows, it varies every year according to the cohort taking the test due to standardisation, long and complicated.

In addition, during the standardisation process, Bucks do not use an average of 100 but something like 110/112 [ think this may vary too]

As a very rough estimate, you are looking at 86%, I prefer my students to achieve 90%.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Is the score achieved usng a average of the two tests or is it the score of the best test?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Both tests are standardised, the lower score is disregarded, the higher score is used to ascertain whether your child is offered a grammar school place.

So, your child could score 110 in test 1 amd 121 in test 2 will achieve the minimum 121 and pass

The old system of taking the average would not have passed this child.

You would think that this would make it easier to pass, but NFER say otherwise

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Thank you Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now