Skinners

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jackjack26

Skinners

Post by Jackjack26 »

Would my son be in with a good chance of a place at Skinners with a score just above the 360 cut off, we are in the priority area. Not sure how high a score he would need in reality. He’s a good “all-rounder” academically, not overly sporty and a little unconfident in his abilities at times. I think a smaller school would suit him better.
Sorrel

Re: Skinners

Post by Sorrel »

Where are you in the priority area? If you're above the 360 cut off, allocation is not on score but siblings/ staff children/ distance etc. It came out to about Dunton Green last year.
Jackjack26

Post by Jackjack26 »

We’re 1.4 miles as the crow flies.
mum24

Post by mum24 »

I’d say you are almost guaranteed a place - they went out to past Sevenoaks last year. It’s the people who are one or two marks below the cut off that have more of a problem now...
Jackjack26

Post by Jackjack26 »

Thanks Mum24; that’s reassuring to know.
I just have to persuade him it’s the place for him now!! :D
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

Jackjack26 wrote:Would my son be in with a good chance of a place at Skinners with a score just above the 360 cut off, we are in the priority area. Not sure how high a score he would need in reality. He’s a good “all-rounder” academically, not overly sporty and a little unconfident in his abilities at times. I think a smaller school would suit him better.
I have two sons at Skinners' - one is very academic and not remotely sporty and did everything he could NOT to play rugby in Y7, but he's now in Y11 and still absolutely loving it (sport isn't the be all and end all, but they do take their rugby seriously!). My Y7 son is a rugby nut and less academic than my eldest, but is also loving it. It is such a fab school, I can't speak highly enough of it.....
LocalTWmum1

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

You can 99.9999% be assured of a place living that close with a score over the 360 threshold :)
Jackjack26

Post by Jackjack26 »

Thank you all for your help X