Going on a waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catjellycat

Going on a waiting list

Post by Catjellycat »

Hello all,

I have had a look and I can’t find this out but I suspect it’s my poor googling rather than a lack of information but I’d be very grateful for any help!

If I put the three grammars at the top of my application form and get given school in the third place, can I go on the waiting list for the other two or do I need to only pick one?

Thank you in advance!
hermanmunster

Re: Going on a waiting list

Post by hermanmunster »

Yes you can ask to go on the waiting list for any of the schools you have higher on the list - in some places it is automatic and in some you have to ask, you will get info in March about how to do it
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:Yes you can ask to go on the waiting list for any of the schools you have higher on the list - in some places it is automatic and in some you have to ask, you will get info in March about how to do it
If you look at the relevant section in the Secondary School Admissions bit on your LA's website (near where you have to go to complete your CAF, probably :) ), you will probably find info now.

This is the relevant info for Essex, as an example (scroll down to p.16):

https://assets.ctfassets.net/knkzaf64jx ... ochure.pdf
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Though watch if you're applying for schools in more than one LA. Bromley tells you you are automatically placed on the waiting list for higher priority schools, but in fact if those are in Bexley or Kent you won't be. You can still go on the lists but you need to return the Kent form to Kent CC and separately do whatever Bexley needs.
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

Though watch if you're applying for schools in more than one LA. Bromley tells you you are automatically placed on the waiting list for higher priority schools, but in fact if those are in Bexley or Kent you won't be. You can still go on the lists but you need to return the Kent form to Kent CC and separately do whatever Bexley needs.
Did Bromley change their procedure last year?

Previously you were put automatically on the waiting list of all your higher preferences. For Kent you could actually change the preferences after offer day but that had nothing to do with Bromley.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

It was two years ago. They were saying you would be automatically placed on waiting lists but when I checked with Kent they said no, you have to return our form, so I did.