Bucks - extenuating circumstances

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blue_Marigold

Bucks - extenuating circumstances

Post by Blue_Marigold »

A couple of year ago my DD got through the SR with a lot of help from this forum.

Now I have a friend who is asking my help to help her DD.

When we filled in our form two years ago, we left the extenuating circumstances bit blank because we didn’t have any. We only provided the academic evidence.

Can you still do that now or do you have to also mention extenuating circumstances?
Etienne

Re: Bucks - extenuating circumstances

Post by Etienne »

Hi B_M

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no specific space on the parent's review form for extenuating circumstances.

There is a dedicated section on the headteacher's form which says:
    • Please include any health, special needs, language, pupil premium (including Looked After Child or Service Family) or disability factors that the school is aware of, as well as incidents that occurred immediately prior to the test, or during the test,that may have affected the child’s performance. Were you notified of any exceptional or extenuating circumstances before test results were available? *Yes/No
      Please confirm that the parent has provided evidence to you *Yes/No
      How much impact do these circumstances appear to have had on the child’s performance? *Significant impact / Some impact / No impact (* circle as appropriate)
Etienne
Blue_Marigold

Re: Bucks - extenuating circumstance

Post by Blue_Marigold »

I see, thank you. The form has changed a bit from 2017.

Other things I know about the review without revealing too much...

HT gave a 2:2 recommendation

Expected SAT results for 2020 - GDS in two subjects, EXS for one of them

The HT put ‘No’ in Section 5 of the form. Will it look bad if the parents mention medical issues/ family illness which weren’t mentioned before?
Etienne

Re: Bucks - extenuating circumstance

Post by Etienne »

Blue_Marigold wrote:Expected SAT results for 2020 - GDS in two subjects, EXS for one of them
I think the panel will be looking for 111-120 in Maths & Reading, and GDS in Writing.
The HT put ‘No’ in Section 5 of the form. Will it look bad if the parents mention medical issues/ family illness which weren’t mentioned before?
No reason not to provide late evidence of this, but it may not count for much if the school was unaware of any impact on the child.

However, if the score was very close to 121, this may not matter too much.
Etienne
Blue_Marigold

Re: Bucks - extenuating circumstances

Post by Blue_Marigold »

They scored 117. Sorry I should have put that earlier.