Ofsted Rating - Nonsuch and Wallington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
acool

Ofsted Rating - Nonsuch and Wallington

Post by acool »

Hi All,

I just happened to check Ofstead rating of Nonsuch and Wallington school - "Good" unlike other Grammar schools are "Outstanding". Why these two schools are good ?

I was not giving much attention to the Ofstead of Grammar schools until I see these two schools, no doubt these schools are top schools but just curious about the reason?
mad?

Re: Ofsted Rating - Nonsuch and Wallington

Post by mad? »

Grammar schools are not necessarily more likely to be rated outstanding. Why would they be? If you look at the relevant Ofsted reports it will tell you what the perceived strengths of the schools are. I'm afraid I am on my 'phone and cannot post the links myself. Do take note of when any report was written, outstanding is apparently much more difficult to get now. Also, take it all with a pinch of salt.
mad?
acool

Post by acool »

Thanks,

Just checked the Full Ofstead (2015) and the rating is still same after recent inspection, so I guess the issues raised still the same.

Not sure how much emphasis I should be giving to Ofstead compare to other "outstnading" grammar schools ?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Personally I would give no weight to it, outstanding or not, unless there was a specific issue identified which I thought was relevant.
mad?
acool

Post by acool »

Thanks.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Many of the schools with an "outstanding" rating haven't been inspected for many years so may no longer be outstanding anyway. This will usually be a rating from when it was easier. I wouldn't be concerned about a "good" recent rating.
Have a look at when those with an outstanding rating were fully inspected.
scary mum
rocky

Post by rocky »

Whilst Ofstead give some standardised rating to schools and nurseries I personally have experienced 2 Ofstead ratings which didn't go too well at schools my children were at. There was a big fall out afterwards and it heavily demotivated staff. I don't think there was anything significantly wrong with either places. Also, who inspects the inspectors?
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Wally girls had a full OFSTED inspection two weeks ago.
Not sure how long it takes for the reports to be available.