Transport to WGHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
abcde12345

Transport to WGHS

Post by abcde12345 »

Hi,

Does anyone have any daughters who have travelled to WGHS from Dudley/Netherton/Stourbridge on the Abbey Coaches school bus who might be able to share some experience on how they found the journey (which appears to be an hour or so) and how it has (or hasnt) impacted on ability to engage with after school clubs/activities...

Thanks very much
quasimodo

Re: Transport to WGHS

Post by quasimodo »

abcde12345 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have any daughters who have travelled to WGHS from Dudley/Netherton/Stourbridge on the Abbey Coaches school bus who might be able to share some experience on how they found the journey (which appears to be an hour or so) and how it has (or hasnt) impacted on ability to engage with after school clubs/activities...

Thanks very much
https://bfab0f9c-5b4e-4ab9-bad5-a56c9c9 ... b4e4c8.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://bfab0f9c-5b4e-4ab9-bad5-a56c9c9 ... 92bfec.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://bfab0f9c-5b4e-4ab9-bad5-a56c9c9 ... 82c691.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just in case you don't get a specific reply.These timetables may assist.My dd catches the Abbey coach from Walsall and travel times are similar.

Please note there will be occasions where travel to the school for parents will be required.While much takes place at lunchtimes my daughter who is a keen sportsman has participated in sports representing the school after school.Sometimes this has taken place in the school day instead of scheduled lessons.Clearly parents evenings, school or year events take place after school.

Our daughter has enjoyed her time travelling on the school bus for the last four years and now into her fifth.We have given notice and she will travel by car in the new year now she is in her GCSE year to shorten journey times by half and to aid her academic studies.After half term next week she will travel by car for two weeks during her mock GCSE's and then revert back to the bus until Xmas.

Travel overall to the school has to be practical for parents and the girls otherwise you will lose much from the school.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
EmmaW

Post by EmmaW »

Thank you Quasimodo - very helpful as ever. My daughter very sporty too and we were wondering when most of the extra curricular clubs are offered.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

EmmaW wrote:Thank you Quasimodo - very helpful as ever. My daughter very sporty too and we were wondering when most of the extra curricular clubs are offered.
It may be completely different in your area, of course, but here, regardless of when schools run their extracurricular activities, inter-school competitions are almost all after school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

ToadMum wrote:
EmmaW wrote:Thank you Quasimodo - very helpful as ever. My daughter very sporty too and we were wondering when most of the extra curricular clubs are offered.
It may be completely different in your area, of course, but here, regardless of when schools run their extracurricular activities, inter-school competitions are almost all after school.
I of course can't talk about every sport at the school as I don't know.What I can say is my daughter does all her sports practices at lunchtimes.She doesn't attend the badminton club after school but attends one in our locality on a Saturday.Her participation with other girls against other schools in badminton up to the regional levels of the National championship were during the school day having to miss lessons and catching up later.The other sports she played for the school were in athletics and rounders and these took place after school.

When I was at school many moons ago all my sports were after school.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
kruella

Post by kruella »

My daughter will travel from Oldbury
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now