TOGS Out of area chance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ElenaDraganova

TOGS Out of area chance

Post by ElenaDraganova »

Hello, I wonder if you could help? My DD scored 385, our first choice is Tonbridge Grammar School but we currently live in Bromley. Is there any chance at all for her to secure a place during second/third rounds at TOGS?
Many thanks
PettswoodFiona

Re: TOGS Out of area chance

Post by PettswoodFiona »

ElenaDraganova wrote:Hello, I wonder if you could help? My DD scored 385, our first choice is Tonbridge Grammar School but we currently live in Bromley. Is there any chance at all for her to secure a place during second/third rounds at TOGS?
Many thanks
That is an amazing score, well done to your DD. However no one can answer you for certain. I believe in past years a higher score was needed for OOC but do look back at other threads to see. We don't know what the higher pass score required this year will mean for qualifying scores for the superselectives. Most relevant though is how many people on scores around or above your DD's score also put down ToGS. This won't be known until all CAFs are in and the numbers and other preferences crunched. If you have space on your CAF it sounds like a definite option if it is your most favourite school.

If your DD did well in the Newstead test then do feel free to ask questions specific about that school, DD is in Y10. The commute would be shorter for you DD from Bromley, but appreciate that there are very valid reasons why one school is a better fit over another.

Good luck
ElenaDraganova

Post by ElenaDraganova »

Thank you for replying, PettswoodFiona!

We are completely lost on what to do next and how to position the school choices. Our DD achieved NW 220, Bexley 229 and Kent 385. Her top three favourites are ToGS, NW and Dartford and I trying to find the best formula on positioning the schools correctly, so she doesn't miss out..

:?: :?: :?:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ElenaDraganova wrote:Thank you for replying, PettswoodFiona!

We are completely lost on what to do next and how to position the school choices. Our DD achieved NW 220, Bexley 229 and Kent 385. Her top three favourites are ToGS, NW and Dartford and I trying to find the best formula on positioning the schools correctly, so she doesn't miss out..

If you are happy with her views, put her preferences, in that order, in your top three spaces. Then make sure that you have an option that she as sure as definitely does get and you will be happy with, if she ends up only on the waiting list for the others.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ElenaDraganova

Post by ElenaDraganova »

ToadMum wrote:
ElenaDraganova wrote:Thank you for replying, PettswoodFiona!

If you are happy with her views, put her preferences, in that order, in your top three spaces. Then make sure that you have an option that she as sure as definitely does get and you will be happy with, if she ends up only on the waiting list for the others.

Thank you, ToadMum! We, too, think that this is her decision and will put down her preferences, followed by a definite school . Fingers crossed that she will secure a place in her top three. She is a smart cookie and would love to see her smile on offer day (2) :)
Sas1

Post by Sas1 »

What is the score requirement for TOGS?
thankgoodnessitsover

Post by thankgoodnessitsover »

Sas1 wrote:What is the score requirement for TOGS?
2017 first score in area, second score governor place
1st round 372/395
2nd round 372/389
Waiting list 370/387

1st round 369/394
2nd round 365/405
waiting list 363/392

1st round 371/393
2nd round 368/400
waiting list 367/388

Where a score appears to rise from one round to the next this will be because of high scoring late entries to the waiting list.

For 2020 who knows? Will be good to look at spreadsheet when kcc publishes. I think scores are generally high this year - certainly seems that way in my child's school and a high pass mark for this years test might suggest cut offs are going to go up????
ElenaDraganova

Post by ElenaDraganova »

thankgoodnessitsover wrote:
Sas1 wrote:What is the score requirement for TOGS?
2017 first score in area, second score governor place
1st round 372/395
2nd round 372/389
Waiting list 370/387

1st round 369/394
2nd round 365/405
waiting list 363/392

1st round 371/393
2nd round 368/400
waiting list 367/388

Where a score appears to rise from one round to the next this will be because of high scoring late entries to the waiting list.

For 2020 who knows? Will be good to look at spreadsheet when kcc publishes. I think scores are generally high this year - certainly seems that way in my child's school and a high pass mark for this years test might suggest cut offs are going to go up????

Hi thankgoodnessitsover,

thank you very much for the reply! I am checking for kcc report daily, any idea when to expect it to be published?
Rhinoisflying

Post by Rhinoisflying »

My daughter got 220 in Newstead, 386 in Kent. And I live in Orpington. She was home tutored so couldn't expect more tbh. Now the confusion is if she stands a chance in Newstead as I am a bit reluctant to change my location. Also I am not sure of OOC score for Kent. I read that was 393last year but again I read in another website that it is between 360 and 370. ....Any suggestions on OOC for Tonbridge Grammar guys..and hopes on getting NWS.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Rhino and Elena I refer to my reply on this thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 51&t=57321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that a score of 220 is highly likely to get a place at Newstead off the waitlist. Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now