Common Catchment for tiffins girls and Non such

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
True2u

Common Catchment for tiffins girls and Non such

Post by True2u »

Dear All,

This might have been asked before but I am not able to find it. My DD scored marks enough for in catchment for Non such, we live OOC and has cleared Tiffins first round, we are looking to move nearer to non such but at the same time do not want to miss the opportunity for Tiffins as we are in its designated area.

Can any one advise of those post codes those are in catchment for non such and in the designated area of Tiffins.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Common Catchment for tiffins girls and Non such

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Do the school websites themselves no longer show their catchment areas? I'm sure they used to - can you not work it out from them?
quartz2208

Post by quartz2208 »

KT17 and KT19 will for the most part (not all of it would as Nonsuch has an area not a postcode)
True2u

Post by True2u »

I assumed that, as Non such says 5.25 km or less which is upto 3 miles.

I worked out few post codes like, KT19, KT17, SM4 but just wanted to know if someone had a more confident research and first hand experience of a move like this.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

I thought you had to live within catchment by the application deadline of 31st October to be allocated an in-catchment place? Or is this for post-March when the waiting lists are active?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

True2u wrote:Dear All,

This might have been asked before but I am not able to find it. My DD scored marks enough for in catchment for Non such, we live OOC and has cleared Tiffins first round, we are looking to move nearer to non such but at the same time do not want to miss the opportunity for Tiffins as we are in its designated area.

Can any one advise of those post codes those are in catchment for non such and in the designated area of Tiffins.
KT4, near A2043 route
Bus to Kingston as well as to Cheam Broadway, Sutton and Wallington.
bridge

Post by bridge »

You have to be a bit careful as not all full postcodes will cover both schools. Best ask Non-Such for a map of their catchment and from that you can tell from the postcodes of TGS catchment where the cross over occurs.
I happen to live in New Malden on a road, where only half of it is in catchment for both schools.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

You are right. Part of KT3, New Malden is in Nonsuch catchment as well as Tiffin Girls. However, one has to be very careful there.

I have therefore suggested KT4. I am not aware of any address in KT4 which is not included in the catchment of Nonsuch and TGS.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

Edge of Chessington KT9 1. We live within Nonsuch catchment by about 1-2 roads and also in catchment for Tiffin. DD goes to Nonsuch now. Others do too nearby. Journey is a bit of a pain considering the short distance, though (2 buses) so we are moving nearer now she’s started.
ShaqArif

Post by ShaqArif »

I'm in KT3 motspur park, and that is catchment area for both Nonsuch, and designated area for Tiffin. We've put Tiffin as first choice and Nonsuch second.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now