Colchester girls vs Chelmsford grils grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jain236

Colchester girls vs Chelmsford grils grammar school

Post by jain236 »

Hi i am looking for suggestion between these 2 school. we are based in East of England and will have to choose between chelmsford or colchester as our little one can get in any of these schools. i heard colchester girls school has good feedback, but we like chelmsford as location wise however i dont have much idea about the chelmsford girls schools. any review , feedback about the curriculum, staff, school environment and any other information is appreciated.

Regards
Your name was removed to preserve your anonymity
ToadMum

Re: Colchester girls vs Chelmsford grils grammar school

Post by ToadMum »

jain236 wrote:Hi i am looking for suggestion between these 2 school. we are based in East of England and will have to choose between chelmsford or colchester as our little one can get in any of these schools. i heard colchester girls school has good feedback, but we like chelmsford as location wise however i dont have much idea about the chelmsford girls schools. any review , feedback about the curriculum, staff, school environment and any other information is appreciated.

Regards
Which school did you and your DD prefer when you visited?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jain236

Post by jain236 »

ToadMum wrote:
jain236 wrote:Hi i am looking for suggestion between these 2 school. we are based in East of England and will have to choose between chelmsford or colchester as our little one can get in any of these schools. i heard colchester girls school has good feedback, but we like chelmsford as location wise however i dont have much idea about the chelmsford girls schools. any review , feedback about the curriculum, staff, school environment and any other information is appreciated.

Regards
Which school did you and your DD prefer when you visited?
we visited colchester and we both liked it but work wise chelmsford suits me well for commute london than colchester.
however we dint visited chelmsford so i dont have much clue about the chelmsford school
KB

Post by KB »

Given that it suits you bettee as a family, was there a reason that you didn't visit the Chelmsford school? And does that reasoning not still stand?

If your DD has her heart set on Colchester then you could split the difference and live somewhere like Kelvedon which has a reasonable bus service to Colchester and is on the mainline through Chelmsford to London.
Depending on exactly where you live, it could be no longer in total commute time.
DSDSDD

Post by DSDSDD »

Unless I’m mistaken, you’d consider sending your daughter to a school which neither of you have visited in person?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

KB wrote:Given that it suits you bettee as a family, was there a reason that you didn't visit the Chelmsford school? And does that reasoning not still stand?

If your DD has her heart set on Colchester then you could split the difference and live somewhere like Kelvedon which has a reasonable bus service to Colchester and is on the mainline through Chelmsford to London.
Depending on exactly where you live, it could be no longer in total commute time.
And on a direct line to Ipswich to buy uniform. Unless CCHSG has found a more local supplier now?

OP, where did your DD sit tha CEM exam, if not in Chelmsford?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jain236

Post by jain236 »

KB wrote:Given that it suits you bettee as a family, was there a reason that you didn't visit the Chelmsford school? And does that reasoning not still stand?

To be honest, we decide to make her sit Chelmsford in last moment and we were not sure weather she will clear it or not, having said that we still not sure as her score is 115 OOC. yes i agree we haven't seen the school but we having been trying to find information from our know sources, if i ask you to provide the rating for both schools on scale of 10 what would be your rating? we are trying to collect as much info as we can so that we are confident of school .
jain236

Post by jain236 »

ToadMum wrote:

And on a direct line to Ipswich to buy uniform. Unless CCHSG has found a more local supplier now?

OP, where did your DD sit tha CEM exam, if not in Chelmsford?
its chelmsford only.
Stateschooled

Post by Stateschooled »

Hi Jain236 - Both schools are very good, however longer term I would consider the most convenient school for the whole family. In my view a long commute makes children tired and less productive. Can I ask what CSSE standardised score your daughter got?
jain236

Post by jain236 »

Stateschooled wrote:Hi Jain236 - Both schools are very good, however longer term I would consider the most convenient school for the whole family. In my view a long commute makes children tired and less productive. Can I ask what CSSE standardised score your daughter got?
She got 352
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now