DCHS from Chesham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Krithi

DCHS from Chesham

Post by Krithi »

Hi All
What is probability of getting into DCHS from Chesham??

Any other schools apart from Chesham grammar.

Regards
Krithi
scary mum

Re: DCHS from Chesham

Post by scary mum »

The distance from DCHS went to about 1.9 miles out of catchment in the first round & 2.2 miles in the second. How far away are you?
scary mum
Buckscountyoptions

Post by Buckscountyoptions »

Thanks Scary Mum. What do the rounds mean in practice? We’re in catchment but 6miles from DCHS. At the open day, they said for the last 4 years, all kids who put DCHS as 1st choice got a place. CGS is our only other grammar in catchment and our girl doesn’t want co-ed.

With the rounds in previous years, is it the case that eventually all in catchment got a place with others releasing after the beginning of March? We’re looking at indies too as back up, but strong preference is DCHS. Now concerned that timing may not work as all the indies need place confirmation and deposits paid by Feb/Mar. Fine if the places are all confirmed for DCHS by 2 March but maybe not if it goes on a bit.

Thanks for any insights!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I have just re-read the allocations (their criteria are in a different order to many schools) from last year and it does say that all catchment girls were allocated and some out of catchment up to 1.9 miles. So for the last few years anyone in catchment has got a place on March 1st (the thing about putting it first is slightly misleading, but if it is your first choice, put it first).
The reason the distance sounds so small (& this is what confused me) is that the school is relatively near the catchment boundary. I'm assuming the out of catchment allocation was a few girls from Chorleywood.
scary mum
Buckscountyoptions

Post by Buckscountyoptions »

Thank you! That sounds a whole lot better!! I know there are no guarantees, but always good to have insight into what’s likely.
SIT

Post by SIT »

I have a DD at DCHS, we live in catchment but very close to the school, however there are lots of girls who come from out of catchment, so I think if you live in catchment you have a very strong chance of a place.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now