Confused re eligibility scores and distances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pondering19

Confused re eligibility scores and distances

Post by Pondering19 »

My understanding was that 334 is the pass mark and then whether a child (girls) gets into a certain school or not depends on how many in each category. E.g. AGSG on distance and Sale on catchment postcodes first. That I understand.
I hear people say that they got ‘the scores for 3 of the schools etc’. I’m now confused.
Does any one know what the distance was for AGSG for 2019.
I can’t find it anywhere.
I’m trying to weigh up whether to start a tutor for my daughter and put her in for the exams. We are 6.2 miles from AGSG. She’s top set for everything and exceeding with no extra home work or help
hermanmunster

Re: Confused re eligibility scores and distances

Post by hermanmunster »

Some people are just pleased that the child has got the qualifying score, they may or may not realise that they have to meet other criteria to get a place.

ETA - just looking at the policy http://www.aggs.trafford.sch.uk/wp-cont ... -Final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I presume they have got into a qualifying band
Pondering19

Post by Pondering19 »

I’ve heard people say that they got the score for 2 / 3 schools and not the others - that’s why I was confused. The baseline is 334 I see.
Hard to know if a pass over 334 and a distance of over 6 miles would qualify based on the old data on their web site. Nothing for 2019
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

If I have the right school there is some distance info at the bottom of the page. http://www.aggs.trafford.sch.uk/admissi ... questions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think that is it Mitasol - I couldn't find them!
Pondering19

Post by Pondering19 »

Yes that’s for up to 2018. No 2019. The distance bounces between 5/6 miles two years and 11 miles two years. That seemed odd too !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

you could ask the school, they would probably be able to tell you. You can get odd years, people decide not to put it on the form because they don't think they will have a chance etc and the allocation goes further out.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Pondering19 wrote:Yes that’s for up to 2018. No 2019. The distance bounces between 5/6 miles two years and 11 miles two years. That seemed odd too !

Hmm... was this the school, in whichever year, that it wasn't just the distance of the last place allocated, but the actual location of the distance, indicating to some, not quite the right sort of gal for the school? I definitely remember some such thread from a couple of years or so back and I think, from your neck of the woods, but forgive me if I'm completely wrong :lol:.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
poppety

Post by poppety »

You get a different score for each school (due to the standardisation process) so when people say that they got the scorer for 2/3 schools they probably mean that they achieved 334 or higher for those schools. You can achieve the pass mark for one school but not another.
Pondering19

Post by Pondering19 »

Argh ok. That’s the bit I didn’t realise. So you could get a slightly different final score for each of the 4 schools!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now