Edgbaston high school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Slater25

Edgbaston high school

Post by Slater25 »

Hi all does anyone know how many places actually get offered on the basis that the school will know a percentage won’t take the place because they have been given a grammar school place or got into their first indie school choice
hermanmunster

Re: Edgbaston high school

Post by hermanmunster »

suspect that won't be a well known figure - schools (particularly if it tends to be a back up) will over offer as they will want to look popular / sought after and taking lots of people off the waiting lists / advertising that they have spaces later in the year etc is not good for the image. Occasionally it backfires and the odd school have had to put on an extra form when more people accepted than usual.
Slater25

Post by Slater25 »

I have been told that 240 sat the exam so I do wonder how many offer letters they will send out in december. Does anyone know of any children who have been rejected att is school
JM40

Post by JM40 »

Yes I know of girls who have not been offered places in previous years. You are right though, the school will over-offer knowing that some applicants will accept places elsewhere. Has your DD been invited for interview?
Slater25

Post by Slater25 »

Hi yes she has been invited for an interview but my understanding was that they interview everyone as they had the test on the Saturday and then we received the letter by wed so they won’t have marked all the papers by Tuesday
Slater25

Post by Slater25 »

So interview all done and dusted now the horrible wait until we find out. Does anyone know how many they reject offers to
vnk29

Post by vnk29 »

Slater25 wrote:So interview all done and dusted now the horrible wait until we find out. Does anyone know how many they reject offers to
Has anyone heard from EHS? Any offers?
JM40

Post by JM40 »

Our offer letter arrived in the post this morning.
Hope everyone else has received good news too.
Slater25

Post by Slater25 »

Yes good news for us to