Filling CAF - Help !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
iruvanji

Filling CAF - Help !

Post by iruvanji »

Hi,
We were OOC before but we moved to Bucks last week. While filling CAF, we don't know the UID, so we continued with "No UID". Also there is no provision to enter Pupil ID (from Bucks result letter) and marks she got. I can wildly guess they can pull the data by DOB but I thought there should be a better way !

Tx
scary mum

Re: Filling CAF - Help !

Post by scary mum »

iruvanji wrote:Hi,
We were OOC before but we moved to Bucks last week. While filling CAF, we don't know the UID, so we continued with "No UID". Also there is no provision to enter Pupil ID (from Bucks result letter) and marks she got. I can wildly guess they can pull the data by DOB but I thought there should be a better way !

Tx
So you are (recently) in Bucks but applying to Kent schools as well. Are you planning on staying in Bucks? You will need to be able to prove to BCC that your move is above board. They look very closely at recent moves.
scary mum
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

So you are neither in county for Kent or Bucks, but you have had your child sit their tests? If you really wanted to live in Kent or Bucks, and attend one of their schools; may I ask why you didn't relocate prior to registering your children for one or the other of these tests? That is what the vast majority of parents generally do, and exam tourists are not usually welcomed with open arms.
Hopefully Bucks CC are keeping a scrutinous eye on all these last minute moves...
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

iruvanji wrote: We were OOC before but we moved to Bucks last week.
Don't you have any scruples about pushing in front of a qualified Bucks child by moving closer to the school that they've lived close to for years?
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

So, if you’ve just moved to Bucks last week, why the very last minute interest in 3 Kent schools?
Surely you wouldn’t move again so soon?
iruvanji

Post by iruvanji »

scary mum wrote:
iruvanji wrote:Hi,

Tx
So you are (recently) in Bucks but applying to Kent schools as well. Are you planning on staying in Bucks? You will need to be able to prove to BCC that your move is above board. They look very closely at recent moves.
We are from north and we are quite flexible in re-locating wherever our DC gets admission. We moved to Bucks as they have tight moving deadline unlike kent but I really like the town. I'm very certain that she can make it to one of the grammar schools. But CAF has 6 options.....I can put all other 5 bucks schools and I know for sure that they gonna ignore bcos of distance rule. Hence few Kent schools just in case.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You need to do what other people who have settled in Bucks do which is to put a couple of grammar schools& a couple of local upper schools, including one you can be sure of getting. It's something we always say to people moving to Bucks - be sure that there is another local school you are happy with in case you don't get the grammar school.
Or are you only here for the grammar schools?
ETA where will your child go to school for the rest of year 6 if you have moved from the north? Or indeed if you move to Kent?
scary mum
iruvanji

Post by iruvanji »

scary mum wrote:You need to do what other people who have settled in Bucks do which is to put a couple of grammar schools& a couple of local upper schools, including one you can be sure of getting. It's something we always say to people moving to Bucks - be sure that there is another local school you are happy with in case you don't get the grammar school.
Or are you only here for the grammar schools?
Our preference is to get into grammar schools. I hope she gets into and make Bucks as our home.

Thanks everyone for your kind advises.
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

iruvanji wrote:
We are from north and we are quite flexible in re-locating wherever our DC gets admission.
How nice for you.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Where will your child go to school next week?
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now