Admission chances....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
iruvanji

Admission chances....

Post by iruvanji »

Hi,
My DD scored 405 in Kent but we are OOC. She also scored very well in Bucks but we want to try 3 schools(Dartford, Tonbridge & Tunbridge).
I know different parents have different opinions from their experience, so I was just curious what chances we have in applying to the above schools.

Tx
rhiane

Re: Admission chances....

Post by rhiane »

iruvanji wrote:Hi,
My DD scored 405 in Kent but we are OOC. She also scored very well in Bucks but we want to try 3 schools(Dartford, Tonbridge & Tunbridge).
I know different parents have different opinions from their experience, so I was just curious what chances we have in applying to the above schools.

Tx
How far OOC are you?
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

Buckinghamshire and Kent are quite some distance apart. Where do you live?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Is this a wind up? You have just said on the other thread that you were OOC for Bucks but have just moved into catchment there?!
doodles

Post by doodles »

iruvanji wrote:Hi,

Tx

Have you visited these school? Which did you and your dd like?

Again they are several miles apart and even further from Bucks which is where I understand you have just moved to. If you are serious about putting one, or all of them, on your CAF I suggest you read the admissions criteria for each of the schools.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Please would a score of 376 be good enough for Wilmington Grammar School for Boys or Gravesend Grammar School for Boys. My nephew lives in Thamesmead. An idea of scores accepted for OOC last year would be great. I am looking but can’t seem to find this information. Thanks.
olucares

Post by olucares »

theonly1 wrote:Please would a score of 376 be good enough for Wilmington Grammar School for Boys or Gravesend Grammar School for Boys. My nephew lives in Thamesmead. An idea of scores accepted for OOC last year would be great. I am looking but can’t seem to find this information. Thanks.
Those 2 schools admit by distance and it appears you may be too far out. Holcombe Grammar School (Chatham) accept Kent results and usually accept children as far out as Thamesmead.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now