Decision day!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ChalkyC

Decision day!!

Post by ChalkyC »

Has everyone submitted their preferences? We have but I keep having second..third...thoughts! Each option has a travel implication and it’s hard to weigh them up!

Is anyone else doing any independent exams in January?
Frispan

Re: Decision day!!

Post by Frispan »

We have summitted the CAF already, we only had three options but also not very convinced because of the travel implications as well. We are 12 miles from our first choice by bus + train + 10 mins walk.

We are doing independent exams too in January, so nothing is decided! Any of them will go first in our final decision
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Submitted - seven times so far! Think we have a final line up now. No independents - after St Olave's SET2 we will be done, thank GOD.
BR5mum

Post by BR5mum »

Yes - 4 grammars, 2 comps, should be able to get into our 3rd, 5th and 6th choice, we'll see on 2nd March what happens with the other choices.

No independent exams for us, just St. Olave's Stage 2 left to go (thank goodness), and then probably a celebration lunch at Macdonalds before going back to school for the afternoon!
georgiadani

Post by georgiadani »

It’s been a difficult decision. My first choice was Newstead, but my daughter and husband both thought Townley and then Dartford were better ‘fits’ for her.
We’ve submitted as
1. Townley (although historically we are on the borders of the catchment area).
2. Dartford Girls. She got 387, which in the past would have been enough for an OOC offer on offer day, but who knows if the threshold will go up and by how much!
3. Newstead. She got 221. Historically we’d get an offer from the waiting list not on offer day.
4. Chis and Sids. Should get in on distance, but maybe not on offer day.

5th and 6th are non grammars. 6th is a stone’s throw so would be a guaranteed place. 5th we are also on the catchment borders for. I feel it’s going to be a long year and we might not know until August which school she’s definitely going to.
I’ll be happy when it’s all over!

We are not going for the independent schools.
ChalkyC

Post by ChalkyC »

Currently on version 2 of the submission!

See you all at Olaves next Friday!
EssexMum

Post by EssexMum »

Submitted but i keep.doubting we've done it all wrong..:( out of top 4 choices only visited 2 schools and missed the open day of others so a blind game i guess