Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
redbear444

Girls

Post by redbear444 »

People have talked about the boys scoring highly this year. What are people's impressions of how the girls fared?
BR5mum

Re: Girls

Post by BR5mum »

I looked at the OOC scores above 395 (what my DS got), and there are only around 20 more girls getting above this score compared to last year, whereas there are 120 more boys getting above this score compared to last year, so it looks like the increase is less pronounced for the girls.
Fabatnear40

Post by Fabatnear40 »

I said this to my husband too. The boys have seemingly done quite well this year. Better than the girls I would dare to say.
colidom

Post by colidom »

Remember that the system is designed that 25% (20% exam + 5% HTA) of all Kent year 6 have to pass. There is approx 16k children in Y6 in Kent and approx 4.5k passed Kent Test. OOC are treated as an addition. As far as I remember Kent Grammar schools have some 5k+ places in year 7.

If you compare results from previous year and this year for kids in Kent the distribution of points this year is bit flatter than year before, but doesn't differ much. You can use spreadsheet graph functionality to visualise this.
redbear444

Post by redbear444 »

Thanks for the replies. If the boys did fare better, I guess we will see it in the degree to which the cut-offs increase for boys and for girls?

Colidom, does your graph show the girls and boys separately or together?
colidom

Post by colidom »

@redbear444 as far as I remember I was doing analysis from all possible angles, whole group, by sex, by ic/ooc, etc.

It's all over for me now at last, my younger DD has just got an offer from same school as her older sister. Both of them are in school of their first choice :) Of course it took us some years of hinting to make sure they make the right choice :)