Between 330 to 370

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fabatnear40

Between 330 to 370

Post by Fabatnear40 »

Hello,

This is a genuine question. Now that the pass mark has raised to 330, I was wondering, for those who scored 330 and above but are below what will likely be the required score to be in a selective and super selective school, will they end up in the comprehensive or mixed ability schools ? I'm aware this is a long winded question but was curious about it.

TIA
Sorrel

Re: Between 330 to 370

Post by Sorrel »

Only some grammars are superselective; others select on distance once you have a pass.
Fabatnear40

Post by Fabatnear40 »

Sorrel wrote:Only some grammars are superselective; others select on distance once you have a pass.

Many thanks for that. It's a relief to hear this.

I thought it was based solely on a high score. For example, I was told Dartford Grammar for Girls was (I think 376 or so last year and will likely increase) and my niece has her heart set on going there but scored 363. She lives in Dartford. I was concerned for her. We won't know until March but fingers-crossed she'll be fine.
Last edited by Fabatnear40 on Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Fabatnear40 wrote:
Sorrel wrote:Only some grammars are superselective; others select on distance once you have a pass.

Many thanks for that. It's a relief to hear this.

I thought it was based solely on a high score. For example, I was told Dartford Grammar for Girls was (I think 376 or so last year and will likely increase) and my niece has her heart set on going there but scored 363. She lives in Dartford. I was concerned for her. We won't know until March but finger-crossed she'll be fine.
Wilmington Grammar for Girls is in the Dartford area and selects on distance.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Dartford is one of the parishes for Wilmington Grammar. If so then a pass may be enough for Wilmington, do you know what other choices were on the CAF?

Cross posted with Sorrel
Fabatnear40

Post by Fabatnear40 »

I think she also included Wilmington Grammar but I don't know what the other two options were unfortunately.
colidom

Post by colidom »

Sorrel wrote:I thought it was based solely on a high score. For example, I was told Dartford Grammar for Girls was (I think 376 or so last year and will likely increase) and my niece has her heart set on going there but scored 363. She lives in Dartford. I was concerned for her. We won't know until March but fingers-crossed she'll be fine.
Last year (Sep 2019 intake) the cut off point to get to DGGS for girls from selected parishes (Dartford is one of the) was 359 so she would have made it. However we were already told that it's expected to go up this year again (Sep 2020 intake).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now