Pre-test score for Harrow, Eton, Westminster and St Paul

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LONNOR

Pre-test score for Harrow, Eton, Westminster and St Paul

Post by LONNOR »

Hi
Anyone knows Pre-test score to pass first round for Harrow, Eton, Westminster and St Paul?
Thanks
SimonHH

Re: Pre-test score for Harrow, Eton, Westminster and St Paul

Post by SimonHH »

Eton (and I assume other schools) that use similar admission tests do not have 'pass grades' as such. The selection of successful applicants is based on 50% of the top 10% grade average. The grading scheme is similar to the GAMSAT examinations for entry to medical school, for example.

It is also very difficult to prepare for these tests as they are IQ style rather than factual recall, calculations etc...

It is very important to remember admission tests are not designed to trick your boys but to select the potential students that are capable of success at the very demanding Etonian style education.
V&J

Post by V&J »

Some prep-school do use an online assessment/ mock test to estimate how much score their students would get in the independent school pre-test. I used it for my son who got offers from Westminster and St Paul's. The website has scoring system and suggested school placement. It suggests that the students who can get 118+ in the assessment should apply for Westminster and St Paul...,114+ go for Eton, City of London, King's Wimbledon...,110+ go for Harrow, Dulwich, Winchester...
Gee

Post by Gee »

Hi V&J,

Can you please PM me the website name? I am preparing my son for St Paul's and City London.

Thanks in advance.
Gee

Post by Gee »

By the way, will the boys sit for the test in one go which is 2 1/2 hours without any break in between the tests?

Thanks.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Gee wrote:By the way, will the boys sit for the test in one go which is 2 1/2 hours without any break in between the tests?

Thanks.
Does the school you have applied to not send you any basic infomration about the test? If not, why not contact them and ask how they administer it?
Gee

Post by Gee »

Yes, I just sent an email to the school yesterday. Still, personal experience is something else.
V&J

Post by V&J »

The boys will take a break during the test. Some boys could take the pretest in their own school. They even could choose which part he'd like to start with.
Gee

Post by Gee »

Thank you so much for the info V&J.

Really appreciated it.
sorryIhaventaclue

Post by sorryIhaventaclue »

Gee wrote:Hi V&J,

Can you please PM me the website name? I am preparing my son for St Paul's and City London.

Thanks in advance.
I would also love to know this website!

thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now