Glenthorne vs greenshaw in CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ahmad

Glenthorne vs greenshaw in CAF

Post by Ahmad »

Hi,

My son has passed Wilson,sgs and wallington exams, so those would be in the top list for CAF but as a backup I am a bit unsure about Glenthorne and greenshaw which one should be the first. Greenshaw seems to have 60 selective candidates but looking at the progress 8 score it is at the bottom of the list.

Kindly suggest and give your honest opinion on this. Thanks
tiffinboys

Re: Glenthorne vs greenshaw in CAF

Post by tiffinboys »

Hopefully you have been on their open days. If you are comfortable with both, which is near to your home?
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

We put Glenthorne 4th after the grammars. My son took the musical aptitude test and scored highly (he would get a performing arts place with his score), but we would have put it 4th anyway. We liked it more than Greenshaw when we visited; it’s closer to us; their performance scores are better; Greenshaw’s intake is enormous; and I am not convinced by the merit of the selective places at Greenshaw (unless it’s your preferred school but you’re unlikely to get in on catchment). We put Greenshaw 6th.

Edited to add Greenshaw is by all accounts a good school too - didn’t mean to sound negative in the comparison. We are very lucky with the choice of schools in this area.
Stanton

Post by Stanton »

Hi OneofTwo, do you know the score needed for Glenthorne (or perhaps your DS got full marks)?
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Stanton wrote:Hi OneofTwo, do you know the score needed for Glenthorne (or perhaps your DS got full marks)?
I have sent a pm :)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Is cutoff score a secret?
Some other parents might also find this information useful.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

tiffinboys wrote:Is cutoff score a secret?
Some other parents might also find this information useful.
No, cutoff score not a secret. All who took the aptitude tests are told a pass mark and their own standardised mark. There isn’t really a known cutoff - it depends who puts Glenthorne as their highest eligible school (the highest scorers of those children). I was just messaging about my son’s score and our locality to the school. There is a pending FOI request for previous years’ scores though:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1448757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now