Hampton 10 plus 2019

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TW28mum

Hampton 10 plus 2019

Post by TW28mum »

Hello everyone. Anyone else have a DS doing the Hampton 10 plus on Saturday? How are you all doing? I think it’s more stressful for the parents. Any words of wisdom or last minute advice appreciated.
Bazelle

Re: Hampton 10 plus 2019

Post by Bazelle »

Hi, my son did it a few years ago, and although he didn't get an offer for the 10+, he was really close apparently and the school gave nice feedback so we knew what he was good at and where were his weaknesses so to speak, so all in all it was worth it for the continuation of his 11+ preparation. And I agree wholeheartedly about the parental stress, why do you think I am still lurking here after 4 years? Just to reassure myself that I was "normal" lol!
Good luck!
hellothere

Post by hellothere »

Hello- My son got a 10+ place last year.
They tried to make the exam day as low pressured as possible and he quite enjoyed it all things considered!
Didn't do a huge amount of prep. Nothing specific and he is at a state primary so they did nothing at school either.
One thing worth mentioning- his group were told not to worry if they didn't finish the maths as they weren't necessarily expected to. I'm not sure all the groups were told that. He didn't finish the maths(!) and consequently wasn't worried about it. To be honest he's fairly laid back anyway but it was nice to know that it would be hard!

Good luck!
TW28mum

Post by TW28mum »

Thanks so much for the replies! That’s good to hear on the maths .. they also have to do a story I think and multiple choice comprehension - was they the same? Keeping my fingers crossed - mainly as it would be lovely to avoid all the stress next year! Any other tips welcome!!
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Hellow TW28 we are doing the exam too! Wanted to wish you luck!

This is my first time doing 10plus, DS1 is in year 9 elsewhere.

So hard! Don't think DS2 is ready at all, just seeing it as practice. And it gives us a year to prep.

Does anyone know if the Maths paper is multiple choice?

TIA
TW28mum

Post by TW28mum »

Hi there - has heard the VR was multiple choice but thought the Maths was words! Too late now though - what will be will be!!! How are you holding up? Bet your DS is also fine!
Tryingtokeepup

Post by Tryingtokeepup »

Any news from anyone who had interviews??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now