the night before?

Useful tips and ideas for the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

njg

the night before?

Post by njg »

My daughter said that Thursdays test was tough.
Should we do any more practice for Wednesday?
If so what type of practice?
Run out of ideas!
Thanks
cr

the night before

Post by cr »

my son also said the test was hard on thursday. we have been doing cd3, one test per night since - we have just been doing the questions he finds hard and skipping the ones he is ok with. we both look at the question and say "found it" when each of us know the answer. Its a bit more like a race then - he finds it helpful. It will soon be over
MelX

Post by MelX »

Dear Guests

Bare in mind there is so only so much you can do. Assure your children that however hard it was they have done it and tell them not to assume the next one will be harder as it isn't normally. My son and his friends all said that last year one was easier then the other in thier case the first one was the easier and he was right as this was reflected in his score. I have heard it said that one is normally more difficult so hold on to that but maybe don't share it with the children. Instead just tell them not to worry about whats coming but just do the best and not to spend too much time on any question that they really feel they cannot get. I do think that you shoudn't do nay practsi eteh night before just chill out the best you can, get them off to bed assuring them just how proud you are of them for doing the tests and then pour youself a large glass of wine!!
(sorry but thats my only vice and I needed it)

Good luck to you both and your children

MelX
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Both tests are of EQUAL difficulty, it's purely down to the preference of the child, some like codes others do not, some love the 4 maths questions others do not.

Some of my students, after last weeks test [Bucks] said 'that was easy' others said 'that was a bit hard' if I had known the types in advance I could have split those students into the hard and easy BEFORE they sat the tests, because I know their likes and dislikes/etc

I believe there is no harm in a little extra help each day, even tonight, just do not over do it, perhaps some maths questions

Patricia

Ps Mel......Like the idea of a glass of wine.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now