Looking for Laundry Detergent Recommendations

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fabatnear40

Looking for Laundry Detergent Recommendations

Post by Fabatnear40 »

Hi all,

I'm really wishing to get some laundry detergent recommendations. My staple laundry detergent is the Bold lavender powder. I really love to get a whiff of burst of clean laundry. I have tried daz, supermarket brands and one from Poundland to see which one can compete with Bold.

Lately I've noticed when someone walks by I often smell that fresh laundry scent. While I love, love, love Bold, I'm willing to try something else to get the same fresh scent. What do you all use and swear by that gives that ? Thanks for your help.
helen0209

Re: Looking for Laundry Detergent Recommendations

Post by helen0209 »

In the winter, when items can’t be dried outside, I use the comfort pearls in addition to the washing liquid (usually Persil) and whatever fabric softener is on offer. They’re not cheap but you don’t need many and they really make a difference in freshly smelling clothes.
ToadMum

Re: Looking for Laundry Detergent Recommendations

Post by ToadMum »

We quite like (well, I quite like and no-one else complains :lol:):
Surf Tropical Lily
Wilko green capsules
Wilko blue capsules
The pinky-red Method one, when it's on offer. We don't like any of the varieties when they are full price and I wouldn't buy anything in their 'Lavender' scent at all, even if it came with a full refund. I love lavender anything, usually, but the Method variety reminds me of the terrible disappointment of getting a big L'Occitane lavender gift set from DH one Christmas, only to discover that to me, the smell came a poor second to furniture polish :shock:.

I quite often hang things out on sunny winter days, even knowing that they will come in as damp as they went out, just to get them 'fresh air' scented.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now