In-Year admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bambi 175

In-Year admissions

Post by Bambi 175 »

Does anyone know the procedure for in-year admissions for Gloucestershire Grammar schools? Is there a protocol depending on whether the child sat the 11 plus in Year 6? Thanks
Eromdap

Re: In-Year admissions

Post by Eromdap »

In year admissions information is usually included in each schools’ admissions policies which you should be able to find on their websites.
Bambi 175

Post by Bambi 175 »

I can't find anything definitive. Just a link to the general form for any Gloucestershire secondary school. Nothing about whether it makes a difference if you have or have not sat test before.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Really? I just looked at Pates Grammar School and it is very clear that they will only consider those who have not sat the test previously, for in year admission - you even have to sign to say your child has not previously sat the test/previously not met the qualifying score to be allowed to join the register of interest.

Try searching the name of the particular school you are interested in followed by in year admissions.
Bambi 175

Post by Bambi 175 »

Sorry I wasn't looking at Pates, but yes I can see it is clear on their website. I checked Stroud, Ribston and Denmark and unless I am missing something, it doesn't say. Thanks for your help.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I typed in Ribston grammar school in year admission

The second option is a pdf and has all the information you require on page 4 of the 6 page document. I think you need to improve your search skills! :wink: Sorry but I haven’t got a spare minute (and that is how long finding Ribston took me!) to search the others out for you.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Bambi 175 wrote:Sorry I wasn't looking at Pates, but yes I can see it is clear on their website. I checked Stroud, Ribston and Denmark and unless I am missing something, it doesn't say. Thanks for your help.

Here you go (had a few minutes waiting for pasta to cook):
Stroud High:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sh-s ... 0entry.pdf
(See Entrance Post Primary Transfer)

Denmark Road:
https://www.denmarkroad.org/page/?title ... ons&pid=45

Ribston Hall:
https://www.ribstonhall.gloucs.sch.uk/p ... ons&pid=87
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bambi 175

Post by Bambi 175 »

Thanks so much, very helpful. I will try and improve my Googling skills!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now