Harrow, Eton, Westminster and St Paul results?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LONNOR

Harrow, Eton, Westminster and St Paul results?

Post by LONNOR »

have anyone received first-round pretest results from the above schools?
toolate

Re: Harrow, Eton, Westminster and St Paul results?

Post by toolate »

Got a call from the HM about Westminster results today but haven't seen an email yet. Got Winchester last week. Expect Eton this week...Looks like Xmas is going to be lots of interview and test prep :x . Anyone able to help with that...feel I need to up my game a little as being a little country mouse (t sweet local prep rather than traditional feeder) I am not surrounded by clued up parents terrifying me into action...
Silk Road

Post by Silk Road »

have just heard from Westminster, ds is invited for further test as well as interview. But these two activities are on separate days
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

Has anyone heard back yet from St Paul's?
olucares

Post by olucares »

Silk Road wrote:have just heard from Westminster, ds is invited for further test as well as interview. But these two activities are on separate days
Congratulations! Did they contact via email?
Silk Road

Post by Silk Road »

olucares wrote:
Silk Road wrote:have just heard from Westminster, ds is invited for further test as well as interview. But these two activities are on separate days
Congratulations! Did they contact via email?
Thanks. Yes received the email before lunch break today.
I have a friend whose ds had the 2nd round last year which was purely interview, no English/ Mathe test. I'm not sure if this year selection procedure has been changed, or maybe my ds's pretest result is not high enough then school requires further English/Math test?..
toolate

Post by toolate »

I got the same email from Westminster - 2 different dates for test and interview. But as there's a further email expected about the specific room for test taking so it sounds like quite a few (probably all) have to sit this English/Maths test. Be interested to hear if anyone thinks otherwise...
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Westminster is a three stage process which is not new.

The first stage is the ISEB pre test which is used as a filter process.

St Pauls girls and boys do the same.

The pre test identifies those boys who have the potential to do well in the standard format English and Maths papers and so are invited to take those papers.

Approx 90 boys are invited to sit the papers which this year are on Friday 11th January.

From the results of the papers approx 50 boys are invited to interview. There are two different interview days, Monday 3rd Feb and Wed 5th Feb.

Offers of places and notification of waiting list places will be sent on Friday 14th February.

Acceptances of a place must be received by Noon on Monday 2nd March.

This is the format of their application process.

No boy will be invited to interview unless they have performed well in the English and Maths papers.

All boys follow the same admissions process. DG
toolate

Post by toolate »

Thanks but our email is definitely an invitation to a test AND an interview on two separate dates in January - test on the 9th - then results by end February.
Maybe this is a new process this year?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Indeed.

This is not the process used last year or the process detailed on their website with a very helpful flow chart.

If they were a state school they could be facing an adjudication for contravening their own admissions policy.

It would be interesting to know if the numbers are still 90 for the English and Maths papers and 50 for the interview. DG