CAF form

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mumraz

CAF form

Post by Mumraz »

Hi
I applied for two Sutton grammar schools and a catchment school( compressive)in the CAF form. But I’m thinking of the distance and now I feel the catchment school is better. The thing is it is my 3rd preference. If I get grammar school still I loose my catchment school preference? Is it true?

Please someone help me?
Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: CAF form

Post by hermanmunster »

When the allocations come through - you will be offered the highest place school that you are eligible for, if this is the GS then your other, lower choices will be removed.

You may be able to make a late application (after allocation day) to be on the waiting list for the lower listed catchment school, best to accept whichever school you are given and then enquire about this possiblilty
doodles

Re: CAF form

Post by doodles »

Hello Mumraz welcome to the forum. I am afraid that is correct. Your DS will be allocated a place at the school highest on your list that he qualifies for and your other applications will fall away.

The link below is to the Surrey admissions website as I assume you are in Surrey.

https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and ... e-assessed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now