Question Types in Lincolnshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ronnie

Question Types in Lincolnshire

Post by Ronnie »

Hi

Can anyone please let me know the question types for verbal and non verbal test in Lincolnshire - I am getting really confused and time seems to be going sooo quickly. She will sit her 11 plus in September.

My daughter seem to do really well when we sit together and practice through the Bond quick test but when she sits down to try a full paper she panics!! Any ideas? Am I too early with the full papers? She is nearly there with the verbal reasoning but she just did her first non verbal paper and she will need to do a lot more practice.

She is a bright girl and is expected to leave Year 6 with level 5 in everything but I do worry her nerves will get the better of her?

Any advice???
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sorry don't know about question types in Lincolnshire but having tutored my eldest who was horizontal personified I had the disquieting experience of my middle child panicking.
Similarly he was ok with the daily practice papers but the longer tests were throwing him so that he was scoring in the mid 50's (%) I decided to sit and do a test with him to find out where he was going wrong and discovred he was rushing feeling under pressure with the time. We went through a paper together and I did no more than point him in the right direction, the result was 96% and 5 minutes under time. This proved enough to boost his confidence and he is now regularly scoring a mark in the mid 80's.
Hope this helps.
Ronnie

Post by Ronnie »

Thanks for your reply - I have started to sit down with her while she does a paper and she seems a lot better. I have also noticed that any practice she is doing at school, which is not a lot, she is doing really well in and has only dropped a couple of marks. She recently went to a meeting at the local grammar school which I think settled her nerves a little bit and she realises that she will be with all her friends, so she is getting better.

We also went over another non-verbal paper going through one set of questions a night after a couple of days practising one particular question type and she has improved a lot in that so hopefully she will peak at the right time.

I will be interested to see how she does in the practice tests at school, unfortunately these will not be taken until September and that only leaves a matter of weeks to work on any areas that she is still confused on.

Oh well, this time next year it will all be over!!